November 10, 2015
|June 15, 2020
|Lovely Weather homepage
Art Sqool was one of several games that was removed from Steam by its developer in June of 2020 in response to Valve’s silence over the Black Lives Matter movement and the death of George Floyd. The move was first made by Julian Glander who announced in a now-deleted tweet on June 12th, 2020 that he would remove both Art Sqool and Lovely Weather We’re Having from the platform.
Shortly after, Ghost Time Games founder Gabriel Koenig announced he had done the same, resulting in the delisting of Test Tube Titans and Jettomero from Steam. Dan Sanderson also removed the title First Winter from Steam. By June 17th, 2020, ‘Game Devs of Color Expo’ organizer Shawn Alexander Allen tweeted to confirm that Valve had pledged to sponsor the event. He also pointed out that Valve had recently announced their support of the ‘Black Voices in Gaming’ event from Guerilla Collective.
In all cases the titles remain available on PC from itch.io and some are available on other platforms.
About the Game
An atmospheric 3D explorer thingy about going outside with a dog.
- Responds to local weather data, simulates actually being outside.
- Pleasant sounds, colors, and visuals that I hope you like. Designed with introverts in mind.
- 12 NPCs whose moods and conversation topics change with the weather and time of day.
- Open gameplay, forever, until you die in real life.
- Designed to be played in 10-20 minute bursts.
- Cute dog
- A top-secret **cheat code**.
- Rocks you can kick.