July 2013 - PC
August 14, 2013 - Steam
|April 03, 2017 - Steam
Aug 2017 - Sep 2020 - PC
|United Soft Media
|United Soft Media
|Catan: Creator's Edition homepage [Archive]
The downloadable version of Catan: Creator’s Edition was likely delisted from USM’s online store between February and April of 2017 based on Archive.org captures. The game was delisted on Steam on April 3rd, 2017 just a few weeks ahead of the release of Catan Universe. Catan Universe was designed for cross-platform play between web, mobile, and Steam owners and likely served as a replacement for Creator’s Edition.
About the Game
Play the board game classic and its expansions ”Seafarers” and ”Cities & Knights” and create your own empire on Catan including individual maps and scenarios. Found settlements, build roads and prove your trading skills to become Lord of Catan. With the right strategy and a bit of luck, you’ll defeat worthy competitors, such as the combative knight Sean, the shifty pirate Jean, or the cunning merchant Nassir.
Let the new, detailed graphics take you to an utterly realistic Catan, or choose the classic mode for a genuine board game feeling. Let your imagination run free and create your own Catan world including new scenarios and maps.Find out if you really are a secret colonist; confront your rivals and become Lord of Catan!
- Original “Settlers of Catan” rule set
- Expansions “Seafarers” and “Cities & Knights”
- Editor: Create own maps and scenarios and share them with players around the world
- Two different graphic sets: realistic 3-D graphics or genuine board game mode
- Two special scenarios: “Enchanted Island” and “Great Canal”
- Ten smart computer opponents with individual tactics plus local hot-seat multiplayer mode
- Numerous achievements and local game statistics
- Tutorial and Catan Almanac
- Developed in collaboration with Catan designer Klaus Teuber