|Release:||September 13, 2007 - PlayStation 3 (US)
December 13, 2007 - PlayStation 3 (EU)
|Delisting:||May 31, 2014
(Available For: 6y 8m)
|Publisher:||Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak Game Company|
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition was rendered unplayable on May 31st, 2014 with the shutdown of GameSpy’s matchmaking middleware service. The game’s publisher, Sony Online Entertainment (Daybreak Game Company), did not choose to update the game’s online infrastructure. Developer Coresoft turned to Kickstarter to seek funding to maintain its own servers but after just one month the campaign was cancelled.
About the Game
“Push the limits in High Stakes! Challenge players head-on in multiplayer mode – now compatible with the PLAYSTATION®Eye and EyeToy™ USB cameras and may be compatible with other cameras. Download this add-on to play face-to-face with opponents! Play the boards and bluff your way to victory, but don’t let any of your tells slip. Don’t forget to download the first two add-ons to play all 10 poker styles.”
Other Poker Features Include:
- The first PLAYSTATION®Network poker title to offer simultaneous live audio and video feed!
- Multiplayer Action – Challenge up to 5 others for a face-to-face showdown.
- Capable of PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system remote play so you can take poker on the go.
- Power through the tournament circuit in Turbo mode.
- Online leader boards and in-depth hand statistics – High definition up to 1080p.
- Two free add-ons for a total of 10 poker styles.