September 13, 2007 (US)
December 13, 2007 (EU)
October 24, 2017 (US) - RELISTED
|Delisting:||May 31, 2014|
Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak Game Company (former)
|Available On:||PlayStation 3 (US)|
PlayStation.com Page [Archive]
Discuss this title on the Delisted Games Forum
On October 24th, 2017 High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition returned to the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 in North America. No announcement was made by Coresoft, the game’s developer and new publisher of the title. The original PlayStation Store page remains while the newer listing removes all mentions of former publisher Sony Online Entertainment/Daybreak Games and GameSpy which it used for online play.
The updated PlayStation.com page reads similarly to the original (Archive) but with new support for HD resolutions and the promise of two upcoming free downloads that add 10+ games of poker (No-limit Texas Hold’em, Limit Texas Hold’em, Super Hold’em, and more). The game retains online multiplayer which is no longer tied to GameSpy technology. As of October 25th, the game has not returned to the European PlayStation Store.
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition was rendered unplayable on May 31st, 2014 with the shutdown of GameSpy’s matchmaking middleware service. The game’s publisher, Sony Online Entertainment (Daybreak Game Company), did not choose to update the game’s online infrastructure. Developer Coresoft turned to Kickstarter to seek funding to maintain its own servers but after just one month the campaign was cancelled.
About the Game
“Push the limits and challenge online players to No-limit Texas Hold’em Poker.“
- Multiplayer action up to 6 players with “live” audio and video in open games and Sit’n’go style tournaments with worldwide play in 8 languages including English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian.
- Video-compatible with PLAYSTATION®Eye and EyeToy™.
- Search for games by region, language, or both.
- Online leader boards and in-depth hand statistics including percentages of hands played and won, flops seen, checks, calls, bets, and more.
- Customizable characters.
- Point system to unlock features.
- Offline single–player quick match or season play with Turbo mode.
- Supports both Standard and High Definition.
- Two free add-ons coming soon for over 10 poker games including No-limit Texas Hold’em, Limit Texas Hold’em, Super Hold’em, Billabong, Tahoe, Shanghai, Omaha, Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple, 5-Card Draw, 7-Card Stud, and more.
- Earn up to 30 trophies.
Network Players 2-6
PlayStation®Eye camera optional
Previous Game Details (Added in June 2016)
“Push the limits in High Stakes! Challenge players head-on in multiplayer mode – now compatible with the PLAYSTATION®Eye and EyeToy™ USB cameras and may be compatible with other cameras. Download this add-on to play face-to-face with opponents! Play the boards and bluff your way to victory, but don’t let any of your tells slip. Don’t forget to download the first two add-ons to play all 10 poker styles.”
Other Poker Features Include:
- The first PLAYSTATION®Network poker title to offer simultaneous live audio and video feed!
- Multiplayer Action – Challenge up to 5 others for a face-to-face showdown.
- Capable of PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system remote play so you can take poker on the go.
- Power through the tournament circuit in Turbo mode.
- Online leader boards and in-depth hand statistics – High definition up to 1080p.
- Two free add-ons for a total of 10 poker styles.
Select Video Coverage