|Digital Release||PlayStation 3
June 19, 2012 (NA)
June 20, 2012 (AU, EU)
June 21, 2012 (HK, JP)
June 20, 2012 (AU, EU, JP, NA)
June 20, 2012
|Delisting||April - May 2020 - PlayStation 3 (NA)
November 25, 2020 - Steam
|Publisher||Wizards of the Coast|
|Available On||PlayStation 3 (AU, EU, HK, JP)
Xbox 360 (AU, EU, JP, NA)
|Links||Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 homepage
Several Magic: The Gathering titles (Duels of the Planeswalkers, 2012, 2013) were delisted on PlayStation 3 in North America around May of 2020 according to PSNProfiles forum discussions. The same titles, as well as Magic 2014 and 2015, were then delisted on Steam in November of 2020. No confirmation or explanation has been given by Wizards of the Coast or Stainless Games.
It is possible that the PlayStation delistings were based on low sales or player activity, compatibility issues, or region-specific licensing. Given the delistings on Steam, and WotC’s move away from the platform, it is also possible that the company has decided to focus solely on their own dedicated release, Magic: The Gathering Online. This doesn’t explain why the game remains available globally on Xbox 360 or in other territories on PlayStation 3. However, these versions are expected to be delisted in time.
About the Game
In the latest version of this hit franchise, play with friends or the AI as you travel across fantastic planes, take on new encounters and opponents, solve challenging puzzles, and face up to three other players in the Planechase multiplayer format. After honing your skills, pit yourself against the ultimate villain of the Multiverse, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas.
Featuring ten customizable decks, Magic 2013 offers new features including individual records for your game play, new game items to unlock, and, for those already skilled in slinging spells, the option to choose what lands to tap when you cast your spells.
- Bigger and better in every way: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 adds to the hit franchise with updated graphics and music, the latest cards and decks, and additional features, challenges, and an updated multiplayer game mode!
- Multiplayer Mayhem: In the Planechase multiplayer format, you and up to 3 other (players or AI) will face strange phenomenon as you battle across the Multiverse in an ever-shifting environment in local and online play.
- Decks using some of the latest cards: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 features ten distinct decks using cards from the latest Magic: The Gathering expansions, including your first chance to play with cards from the Magic 2013 Core Set before their official release. Each deck also offers 30 additional cards that can be unlocked through gameplay as well.
- Challenging Encounters: Experience encounters, a unique type of puzzle available in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, where your opponent plays a stacked deck that represents a particular type of Magic strategy.
- Play Your Way: In addition to being able to modify your decks to play the way you want you will also be able to choose what lands to tap when you cast your spells.
- Built for all experience levels: With an expanded tutorial and deep game play, Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 offers content for all Magic fans from “new to the game” all the way to “expert Planeswalker”.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to StingX2 and FallenRyan for submitting this game to the site