January 31, 2015
|Delisting||April 23, 2018|
|Links||Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire homepage [Archive]
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire was delisted on Steam on April 23rd, 2018. According to developer The Magos who replied to a Steam Community forum post, the license agreement with Steel Crown Productions had expired and Membraine Studios was no longer able to sell the game.
About the Game
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire is a 3D turn-based strategy wargame that puts you in brigade-level control of futuristic infantry and armored companies, as well as huge super-vehicles. This is warfare on a massive scale that will appeal to those who enjoy games that provide both a strategic and tactical challenge, such as the Total War PC game series or tabletop games like Warhammer 40,000. Featuring a unique, streamlined command system for fast-paced battles with Chess-style alternating activations, customizable armies, and simple–yet deep–strategic and tactical play, the game tells a story from the Exodus Wars, a bloody civil war fought between the Guild and the Royal Empire of Man.
- An engaging and fully realised sci-fi universe set in a period of interstellar civil war — Play your part in the Exodus Wars.
- The Royal Empire of Man against the Guild Legions — Each faction has an extensive roster of units, from infantry and medium armour up to the Empire’s Baron small behemoth and the Guild’s Elektra and Enforcer heavy tanks.
- Deep strategy via army building — What you bring to the battle is every bit as important as the tactics you employ.
- Manoeuvre warfare — Gameplay that rewards solid tactics.
- Easy-to-learn, difficult to master — The intuitive user interface enhances the game’s depth and balance.
- Chess-style, interleaving activation-based play that enables quick games — Give your formations their orders and see these executed on the battlefield; no long waits like you find in typical “You Go, I Go” games.
- Cover — Use cover to reduce your opponent’s effectiveness.
- Overwatch — Achieve superior positioning and control the battlefield.
- Campaign play — Play a single-player campaign titled “The Ties That Bind”, which can be experienced from either the Guild or Royal Empire of Man perspective for a different view of the story’s events.
- High replayability — Given the large array of units and the formation combinations possible via the Force Selector interface, not to mention the multiple tactical options available for inflicting your will upon your opponent, every battle offers new challenges and experiences.