August 28, 2007 (US)
August 30, 2007 (EU)
September 28, 2007 (JP)
October 23, 2008 (AU)
|No later than November 02, 2018
|Digital (Trial Game/Demo only):
PlayStation 3 (AU, EU, US)
Warhawk (Warhawk: Complete Edition and all DLC) were delisted on PlayStation 3 no later than November 2nd, 2018. This is the date we received a tip that the game had been removed from sale in Europe and verified it had also been removed in other territories. Shortly before the game’s removal, PlayStation Europe updated their Decommissioned Servers page with the following news:
“Online servers for Warhawk will be shut down on 31st January 2019 at 08:00am GMT. As Warhawk is an online-only title, this shutdown means that the game will no longer be playable unless the PS3 system is set to LAN mode, as only local network play will function.”
As of this post the demo and full trial versions remain available to download in Australia, Europe, and North America respectively. On November 14th, 2018 Sony America sent users an email to confirm the shutdown date had been extended to North America as well. The game is also still available on physical media although most of its content will not be accessible without online functionality after January 31st, 2019.
About the Game
Run, Drive, Fly, Fight—Online war awaits!
The long-awaited remake to the PlayStation® hit takes flight on the PLAYSTATION®3. In Warhawk™, players will experience a true full-scale war in an intense online multiplayer arena. Take to the skies and engage in high-speed aerobatic dogfights or hover to provide crucial aerial support to surging ground troops. Unleash an artillery assault with heavily armored tanks and all terrain vehicles. Advance on-foot to frontline positions and key locations with an array of devastating weapons, mounted guns and emplaced defense turrets.
Experience the online modes like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and a brand new game type, Zone. Large scale battles and up to 32 players will encourage teamwork and emphasize strategy for an invigorating combat experience.
Log on and join thousands of online players in heated 32-player battles:
- Epic next-gen multi-modal design immerses you in a deep 3rd person gameplay experience.
- Fly or hover in the Warhawk to engage in intense dogfights with dozens of fighters and ground forces aimed your way.
- Take control of armored tanks or utility vehicles to defend your base or launch a ground assault.
- Continue the battle on-foot and choose from a powerful arsenal of weapons, including rocket launchers, flame throwers, and proximity mines.
- Select one of four online game modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and an all-new Zone Mode.
- Customize your soldier with an unlimited combination of armor and squad markings.
- Team up with friends and create competitive clans and stay organized with user friendly communication tools.
- Complex stat tracking records and rewards your accomplishments on the battlefield.
- Bluetooth and USB headset compatibility for strategic communications and excessive online chatter.
- Expansion and vehicle and character customization packs scheduled for download through 2008.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Lorath for submitting this information to the site.