|Digital Release:||PC (Online)
December 18, 2002
|Delisting:||August 01, 2008|
|Available On:||None (See Below)|
FreeSO Fan Project
Electronic Arts announced in April of 2008 that The Sims Online — which had been relaunched just one month earlier as EA Land — would be shut down on August 1st of the same year.
“Since 2002, EA Land / TSO has attracted a very special group of players and we certainly appreciate your participation in the community. The lifetime of the game has drawn to an end, and now we will be focusing on new ideas and other innovative concepts in the games arena. We would like to thank everyone who has taken part in this online community as a unique experience in the virtual world.”
FreeSO, a fan project that launched in January of 2017, now offers the majority of the original Sims Online experience as well as its own additions and refinements.
About the Game
“Take your Sims to an online world where you get to be yourself or whoever you want to be. In this world you have your own piece of land to do with as you please. Create a house, coffee bar, dance club, museum, or whatever you can imagine. Explore the neighborhoods around you and meet scores of Sims along the way. Build a network of friends to enhance your power, wealth, reputation and social standing. Be a peacemaker or pest, a recluse or rabble-rouser. In this open-ended, online world, you choose your role, your attitude and your destiny.“
- Create and customize your Sim: be yourself or whoever you want to be.
- Construct a home, a shop, or whatever you imagine in a user-created, on-line world.
- Build a network of friends and form shared houses, neighborhoods, businesses and clubs.
- Communicate with other Sims through text chat and a wide choice of animated gestures and actions.
- Choose your role and play your way in an open-ended gaming environment.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Faalagorn for submitting this game to the site