|Digital Release||PlayStation 3
September 6, 2011 (EU, NA)
September 7, 2011 (EU, NA)
November 21, 2011
|Delisting||October 05, 2015 - Xbox 360|
|Publisher||Bandai NAMCO - Xbox 360
Kalypso Media Digital - Steam (2011-2016)
THQ Nordic - Steam (2016-2018)
HandyGames - Steam (2018-Current)
Digital Reality - PlayStation 3
|Available On||PlayStation 3 (AU, EU, NA)
On October 6th, 2015 Twitter user lifelower tweeted that several Digital Reality releases (SkyDrift, Dead Block, Bang Bang Racing) had been delisted on Xbox 360. This aligns with the end of licensing terms between Digital Reality and Xbox co-publisher, Bandai NAMCO. By December of 2015 SkyDrift had also been delisted on PlayStation 3.
Digital Reality was shut down in September of 2013; their homepage is currently unavailable and their Facebook page remains untouched since 2013. On February 2nd, 2016, Nordic Games announced that they had acquired several Digital Reality properties through their subsidiary Nordic Games Licensing AB. SkyDrift has since reappeared on PlayStation 3 across European and North American territories with the publisher listed as Digital Reality Publishing. On Steam it remained in the hands of publisher Kalypso Media Digital until 2018 when HandyGames took over.
As of July 2021 SkyDrift remains available on PlayStation 3 and Steam and was joined by the July 29th release of SkyDrift Infinity on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. According to one of the developers of the Steam release, SkyDrift Infinity is “an extended remaster, with framerate no longer locked at 30, new planes, a new track, new maneuvers, and 2-4 split screen local multiplayer (with ai and all game modes selectable)”. As such, this is not considered a relisting for our site’s purposes.
About the Game
Get closer than ever before to the world of adrenaline pumping sky-racing where flyboys can test and master their flying and combat skills against the deadliest opponents! Admire amazingly detailed terrains. Unlock state-of-the-art planes and personalize them with unique racing skins. Be the first on the single and multiplayer challenges, where possibilities are limited only by your own imagination. The goal is simple: If you can’t overtake them, shoot them down!
- Eight Modern Planes to Fly: Choose from eight modern, state-of-the art airplanes turned into killing machines, each with four different skins for a total of 32 unique racing skins.
- Six Power-ups! Capture up to two different powers in your plane’s arsenal, then collect upgrades to increase the strength of those existing powers. Strategy becomes key as you must choose which powers to keep, which ones to upgrade and which ones to convert into Boost energy
- Stunning Visuals: Race through scenic venues like the Grand Canyon, Alaskan Terrain and Hawaiian Islands, created with beautiful, vibrant colors.
- 8-person Multiplayer: Take your friends down online in this fast and furious battle.
- Three Unique Game Modes: Power Race Mode is high-speed racing paired with power-ups; Speed Race Mode where players navigate the course through ring targets that accelerates plane speed and Survival Mode where pilots race against the countdown clock and each other.