|Digital Release:||PlayStation 3
October 28, 2014 (US)
October 24, 2014 (AU, EU)
October 28, 2014 (US)
|Delisting:||January 31, 2020|
|Developer:||Sony Europe (SCEE)|
|Links:||SingStar homepage [Archive]|
Sony announced in the Fall of 2019 that the SingStar application for PlayStation 3 and 4, and all of its downloadable songs and community features, would be taken offline on January 31st, 2020. The announcement from the game’s homepage read:
After 15 incredible years, we have made the difficult decision to shut down the SingStore servers on 31 January 2020. After that date, you will still be able to enjoy your downloaded songs, but all online functionality and network features will no longer be available, and you will not be able to purchase any new songs from the SingStore. Any SingStar content you have shared to SingStar.com will be deleted. For PS3 users, please check that any digital purchases you have made and would like to keep have been downloaded onto your console before 31 January 2020. If you are a PS3 user and delete any content after that date, you won’t be able to redownload it.
Of course, any SingStar discs you have previously purchased will continue to work in offline mode, though you will not be able to obtain all trophies. You can read more about the digital store’s closure here: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers
We’ve loved watching the community grow, and have lots of fond memories from working on SingStar. Your support over the years has meant the world.
Thank you and lots of love,
The SingStar team
Sony Europe’s Decommissioned Servers page was also updated in the Fall of 2019 with an explanation of which features would and would not be accessible after the January deadline:
The following functionality will still be playable in offline mode:
- Play songs on physical discs
- Play digital songs that have previously been purchased and downloaded to the hard-drive
- PS4 users only will also be able to re-download previously downloaded and deleted songs. Note this is not possible for PS3 / PS2 users, where if a downloaded song is deleted, it cannot be re-downloaded
- Play Party Mode
- Track and record high scores offline
- Take and store videos and snapshots onto your PlayStation hard drive
- Create song playlists
From January 31, 2020 online functionality will be affected in the following ways:
- Purchasing or downloading new songs will not be possible or available
- You will not be able to view, upload or interact with any online user generated content (UGC)
- You will not be able to share recorded media at the end of a performance on any of the available public sharing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, PSN or SingStar community)
- You will not be able to track and record high scores online
- You will not be able to complete online challenges
- You will not be able to unlock the following trophies:
- Channel surfer
- Concert debut
- Stars in my eyes
About the Game
“Everyone’s got what it takes. Get your hands on the ultimate competitive singing game by downloading SingStar™ today. Use your existing SingStar Microphones to play, or just download the SingStar™ Mic app and your smart device will be transformed into a personal pocked-sized mic.“
Why download SingStar™?
- Belt out your favorite tracks − from pop to rock to hip hop − available to buy from the online SingStore™.
- Enjoy the brand new Party Mode, where up to 8 friends can team up, and take on fun singing challenges, including Pass the Mic, Medleys and First to the Post
- Challenge the SingStar Community to beat your Hi-Scores.
- Show off your best bits (and your epic fails) on Facebook and Twitter.
- Enhance your videos with AR Effects on PS4 with the PlayStation Camera.
- Rate other players’ photos and videos in the SingStar™ community.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to FallenRyan and Tymek for submitting this game to the site