|Digital Release:||PlayStation 3
August 10, 2010 (US)
August 11, 2010 (AU, EU)
October 20, 2010 (JP)
August 25, 2010 (AU, EU, US)
October 20, 2010 (JP)
|Delisting:||December 30, 2014|
PlayStation Store Page
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game was delisted on Xbox 360 no later than December 30th, 2014. Confirmation came from Twitter user lifelower who tweeted about a handful of high profile delistings on the same day. The PlayStation 3 version was likely delisted on or near the same date. Download codes for the game and its long-delayed DLC remained available into 2017 but have since sold out and have likely expired.
No reason has been stated for the game’s delisting but it now appears to hinge on Ubisoft’s expired licensing from the numerous property holders involved. Along with the standard platform licensing, Ubisoft would need to involve the comic’s creator Bryan Lee O’Malley, the comic’s print publisher Oni Press, the film’s producer Universal Studios, and the game’s soundtrack composer Anamanaguchi.
Over the years O’Malley has confirmed repeatedly on Twitter that he would love to see the game return and that he had been trying to get Ubisoft on board. On August 13th, 2020, to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the game’s release, O’Malley took to Twitter again in a brief thread where he confirmed that all parties involved would be willing to work with Ubisoft on a re-release or even a full remake of the game. Later that day he cryptically tweeted again, “PS. ubisoft has reached out to me“.
As of August 2020 there is promise of a return for the game but after so many years it will likely result in a new version. This original release will likely be considered Extinct for all time.
About the Game
SCOTT PILGRIM IS ABOUT KISSES AND KOs
Scott Pilgrim is a lovable loser and the best fighter in the province. He is in love with Ramona Flowers. But she has baggage! To get the girl, Scott must defeat the League of Ramona’s evil exes. Be prepare for some serious action…
PLAY AS OR PLAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS
– Team-up with up to 3 of your friends as SCOTT, RAMONA, STEPHEN and KIM or as one surprise character, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
RELIVE SCOTT PILGRIM’S ADVENTURES IN AWESOME 8-BIT
- 8-BIT animations by the world-famous Pixel Artist PAUL ROBERTSON.
- More than 30 original music tracks by chiptune heroes ANAMANAGUCHI.
- Tons of references to new and old cult games.
FIGHT, EXPLORE, UNLOCK SECRETS
- Level-up and learn numerous deadly attacks.
- Uncover secrets items and much more.
- Unlock secret modes such as fighting waves of zombies, and more.
- Collect up to 12 trophies/Achievements and more than 300 points/200 gamerscore.