|Nintendo DSi, 3DS
March 26, 2010 (EU)
April 12, 2010 (US)
December 22, 2010 (JP)
|On or before May 17, 2019 (EU, JP, US)
On or before June 28, 2019 (US)
Nintendo 3DS (US)
|Gameloft homepage [Archive]
Nintendo.com page (EU) [Archive]
We received word on June 27th, 2019 via Twitter that Gangstar 2 had reappeared on the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Upon further investigation we found that the game had only returned in North America and that a Nintendo.com page no longer existed for the title; it can only be found directly from a Nintendo 3DS. The reason for its return is uncertain and as of this update Gameloft’s other delisted DSiWare titles remain delisted. The original delisting details follow.
Gangstar 2: Kings of L.A. was delisted from the Nintendo 3DS eShop on or before May 17th, 2019. This is the earliest date where a Google Cache archive shows that the game’s Nintendo.com page was online but with no option to buy.
As several DSiWare titles from Gameloft remain available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop as of this writing, it seems likely that the delisting had something to do with licensing. It is also possible that this and other delisted titles from Gameloft were licensed from independent studios or were supported by internal teams that are no longer able to maintain the games, resulting in their removal from sale.
The game was previously delisted from the DSi itself on March 31st, 2017 when Nintendo shut down the DSi Shop.
About the Game
“Move to the West Coast and immerse yourself in Los Angeles gang life with Gangstar 2: Kings of L.A. Complete 75 different missions that combine the best of action games and driving games.“
- Explore Los Angeles and its famous neighborhoods, including Hollywood, Beverly Hills, downtown, the suburbs and the harbor.
- A unique feeling of freedom: drive or walk anywhere in massive, open environments. Feel free to complete missions at your own pace, or just do absolutely anything you want.
- A thrilling storyline with flashbacks and unexpected developments: go from rags to riches, connect with relatives and help out their gang until you’re living the golden life.
- Improved driving experience: drive cars, quads, motorcycles and use the environment to perform unbelievable stunts.
- Use the inner camera or outer camera to decrease your wanted status, take a new photo of your face and fake your ID card to remain incognito.