|Release:||March 6, 2013 - Xbox 360 (AU/EU/US), Steam
March 19, 2013 - PlayStation 3 (US)
March 20, 2013 - PlayStation 3 (AU/EU)
|Delisting:||October 5, 2015 - Xbox 360
(Available For: 2y 6m)
|Publisher:||Bandai NAMCO (Xbox 360)
Kalypso Media Digital (Steam)
Digital Reality (PlayStation 3)
|Available On:||PlayStation 3 (AU, EU)
Xbox 360 (AU, EU, US)
|Links:||Dollar Dash on Candygun.de [Archive], PlayStation Store Page|
Dollar Dash was delisted on PlayStation 3 and PC in 2015. On Steam it was delisted in July but the exact date is uncertain for PlayStation 3 though it was likely delisted around the same time. The game remains available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Europe and Australia. It is also available on PC through Desura and GameStop.
It is uncertain why the game was delisted only on Steam and PlayStation 3 in North America. Developer Candygun Games’ social media accounts have been inactive since August of 2013. Two years later (by August 2015) the game was removed from their homepage and the official site — DollarDashGame.com — redirected to publisher Kalypso Media. Though it seems the studio has closed several staff members list themselves as current employees on LinkedIn.
About the Game
“Find it, rob it, and keep it. Grab the cash in this fast and frenetic top down multiplayer versus game. Dollar Dash will have you shouting for joy, as you make a dash with the cash. You must attack, defend or outrun your competitors in any of the three game modes (Dollar Dash, Save the Safe or Hit’n’Run) using unique and comedic tactics. Stand out from the crowd by customising your character, upgrading your favourite weapon, earning perks and unlocking achievements. You can’t stand still for a second as combat is crazy and money changes hands frequently. Choose your weapons carefully as you challenge your friends to become the best thief in town and laugh out loud as you smash them with a huge Bolder, peck them with a Mag Pie, while protecting yourself in Jelly!“
- Gather, Dash and Fight: Be the fastest, smartest and craziest multiplayer battle thief!
- Overwhelming Content: 30 maps, over 20 weapons and a number power-ups to discover
- Singleplayer: Defeat skilled AI opponents to prepare for Online PvP
- Multiplayer: 4 player Drop-in & Jump-out multiplayer for instant online action.
- Three Intense game modes: Venture through different versus modes, from Dollar Dash where the fastest win, to Hit’n’Run where the toughest rule the field.
- Shop: Spend in-game cash on Weapon Upgrades, Character Customization, Perks and more!
- Unlock: Collect Badges, unlock many crazy Achievements, and compete on global Leaderboard.
- Easy Controls: Quick to learn and simple to control.