|Digital Release:||Xbox 360
December 08, 2009 (EU, US)
September 20, 2011 (US)
October 12, 2011 (AU, EU)
February 24, 2015
|Late July 2019 - Xbox 360
August 01, 2019 - Xbox 360
After shutting down the development of Disney Infinity in May — along with the game’s developer Avalanche Software — the company announced their roadmap for the title’s availability and online services on Friday, July 29th. The timeline that Disney released is self-explanatory but the big news two-fold. Firstly, the PC, iOS, Android, Amazon, Apple TV, and Windows 8 & 10 versions of the game will all be unplayable by March 2017 or sooner. Secondly, the game’s community features and online play, arguably the most interesting aspects of Disney Infinity, will be removed from all versions of the game by September 30th, 2016.
I did a little digging through the Infinity FAQ and was able to detail some of the more vague points from their press release. The console and handheld versions of Disney Infinity (those for Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox platforms) will remain playable and available for download after March 3rd, 2017. Furthermore, game updates for those versions will also remain available so when you find a sealed copy at a yard sale in 2020 you can expect to download plenty of patches when you finally crack it open. Included in the “online services” that will be terminated by March 3rd are the stats, activities and player details for all versions of the game currently available on the Disney Infinity website.
Below is the full timeline released by Disney:
As of July 29, 2016
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Apple TV, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued.
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
I’ll add all these dates to the Watch List calendar and post again as each milestone gets closer.