|Digital Release:||Nintendo DSi
June 12, 2009 (EU)
July 06, 2009 (NA)
August 05, 2009 (JP)
May 27, 2010 (KO)
|Delisting:||March 31, 2017|
|Links:||Gameloft homepage [Archive]|
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing was delisted from the Nintendo DSi Shop on March 31st, 2017 when Nintendo shut down the DSi Shop and announced that Asphalt 4 would not be transferable from a DSi to a 3DS. Asphalt 4 was reportedly one of the few DSiWare games that were never available to buy on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
As several DSiWare titles from Gameloft remain available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop as of this writing, it seems likely that the delisting had something to do with licensing. It is also possible that this and other delisted titles from Gameloft were licensed from independent studios or were supported by internal teams that are no longer able to maintain the games, resulting in their removal from sale.
About the Game
“The world is your racetrack! Choose among 28 dream cars and motorcycles from prestigious manufacturers. Race your way through 8 of the most renowned cities in 3D, using either standard or Touch Screen controls. Customize and tune your vehicles in the garage, then take photos to create a custom icon. From Paris to Dubai, race through busy streets in 6 modes plus 4-way Multiplayer. Avoid police, demolish competitors and pass the leader to win and become an urban racing VIP!“
- 28 licensed rides from the world’s most prestigious manufacturers: Ferrari, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Lotus, Kawasaki, Chevrolet, and more…
- 8 cities recreated in 3D: New York, Paris, Hawaii, Dubaï, Monte-Carlo, Shanghai, St. Petersburg and Beverly Hills.
- Race against your friends with exclusive DS Wireless Communications.
- Customize the games by taking photos for billboards in the game, for the menu, and for posters in the garage and multiplayer mode; Photos of players can be displayed in-game to show who is driving the vehicle!
- 5 different racing modes: Race, Duel, Cop Chase, Cash Attack, and Beat ’Em All.