February 25, 2021
|February 23, 2023
Developer and publisher Damnskulls posted on Steam on February 21st, 2023 that all four of their titles would soon be removed from sale, stating that “I am no longer in a position to support the game(s)”. As expected, existing owners are be able to continue playing the games in the future. The four titles include Apostasy, Katrina’s Kurse, Masked Vale, and Vivian’s Kurse, all of which were ultimatley delisted on February 23rd, 2023.
About the Game
Vivian has cursed herself by binding her soul to the powerful artifact, the Dark Tome. The tome haunts her in the form of a shadow version of herself, attempting to consume her and take control of her. After her defeat by Katrina, her Shadow has become more powerful and is preparing to consume her soul. Vivian ventures to the Realm of Arcana, where she first acquired the Dark Tome to confront her Shadow and lift the curse of the Dark Tome.
- Lost health can never be recovered unless you complete a level, making every level tense.-Acquire fragments of artifacts that increase your power.
- You only keep artifact fragments upon completing a level, dying after finding them causes you to lose them.
- Vivian’s Kurse is easy to pickup and play, but very hard to beat and master.
- You need to carefully position yourself, attack, maneuver around enemies, and platform.
- Attacks are slow, enemies can move quickly, and health is scarce.
- 2D Platformer
- Action RPG
- Challenging platforming
If you enjoyed this game, consider buying the prequel, Katrina’s Kurse, or any of my other games 🙂
Thanks to Serrated-banner9 for submitting this game to the site