|Digital Release||Nintendo 3DS
November 07, 2013 (JP)
|Delisting||September 28, 2018|
|Links||Nintendo Japan page [Archive]|
Bandai NAMCO announced in 2018 that four of their Nintendo 3DS Tamagotchi titles would be delisted from the eShop in Japan on September 28th, 2018. The titles include:
- Cho~ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi de Violin Lesson
- Tamagotchi no Doki Doki Dream Omisecchi
- Tamagotchi! Seishun no Dream School
- Guruguru Tamagotchi!
As with many licensed titles from Bandai NAMCO, the delisting was most likely caused by expired licensing. While Bandai does own the Tamagotchi property, creating and releasing games based on it through the Bandai NAMCO Games division likely still requires licensing. After years of availability, the cost to renew or relicense these releases likely outweighed any potential sales further adding to the decision to delist them.
Each of the titles remains available on physical media except for Violin Lesson which was a digital eShop exclusive and is considered Extinct.
About the Game
[DeepL Translation] The next “Tamagotchi! is a school life of 100 Tamagotchi and Seishun! You can play a total of 20 mini-games in the “Dream School,” which is also the setting of the anime, in the Robotics, Entertainment, Music and other Dream Classes, as well as in the game’s original Tamagotchi club activity “Tama Club”!
- New anime characters “Miraicchi” and “Kururucchi” also appear! They play an active role in the “Miracle Shop”.
- The game’s original character “Yumemiyocchi” also makes an appearance, and a time slip occurs in the game!
- At the time slip destination, you can explore space on a spaceship and perform Tama Kabuki.
- Enjoy dream lessons in the future or the past.
You can also use the camera to take two-shot photos with your Tamagotchi and decorate them! This is a collection of mini-games that allow you to enjoy school life with 100 Tamagotchi.