May 04, 2011
July 26, 2011 (US)
August 03, 2011 (AU, EU)
April 20, 2011 (AU, EU, US)
|Delisting:||2013 - PlayStation 3 (US)|
|Publisher:||TimeGate Studios (Initial Release)
Atari (Steam, 2015)
Xbox 360 (AU, EU, US)
PlayStation 3 (AU, EU)
|Links:||Section 8: Prejudice homepage [Archive]
Section 8: Prejudice was likely delisted from PlayStation 3, exclusively in North America, no later than the end of 2013.
In 2009, developer TimeGate Studios attempted to sue publisher SouthPeak Games over the production of the original Section 8. After a series of appeals that lasted into 2013, the ruling finally fell in favor of SouthPeak resulting in TimeGate filing for bankruptcy and the studio’s closure in May of 2013. Just months later SouthPeak Games itself quietly ceased operations in July of 2013.
The original Section 8 was then delisted from Steam, PlayStation 3 in North America, and from Xbox 360 worldwide by the end of 2013. Despite all of this, Section 8: Prejudice remains available on most platforms as of this writing as published by Atari (Steam), TimeGate Studios itself (PlayStation 3 [AU, EU]), and Microsoft Studios (Xbox 360) who have apparently taken over keeping the game online.
About the Game
“On the battlefield, prejudice takes many forms, knows no boundaries, and drives all conflict. In the distant future, humanity will call on its most fearless defenders to confront an emerging threat determined to eradicate human life as we know it. Section 8®: PrejudiceTM is a sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat, where every decision drastically impacts the battlefield.“
- Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign.
- Battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
- Spawn anywhere on the battlefield and call in deployables and vehicles when and where you need them.
- Customize loadout weapons, ammo, and equipment to suit your playstyle.
- Master true mobility with dropping, overdrive, and jetpacks to outmaneuver opponents.
- Advance in rank to access over 60 weapon, equipment, and upgrade variants.