May 11, 2011 - PC (KO)
September 20, 2011 - Steam (NA)
December 13, 2012 - PC (JP)
|Delisting||Removed from Availability
March 2014 (KO)
March 27, 2014 (JP)
July 29, 2014 (NA)
March 2014 (KO)
March 27, 2014 (JP)
September 15, 2014 (NA)
Perfect World (NA)
|Available On||None (See Below)|
|Links||Rusty Hearts homepage (JP, NA)|
Rusty Hearts was initially shut down in Japan on March 27th, 2014. The Korean version was likely shut down in 2014 as well. Perfect World then announced on July 29th, 2014 that their English language release would be shut down on September 15th of the same year. Perfect World’s announcement follows:
After three wonderful years, Rusty Hearts is officially coming to an end on September 15, 2014. We would like to thank all the fans who helped bring life to all the characters in Rusty Hearts. Your loyalty, dedication, and countless hours crawling through dungeons is what made it all possible. Perfecting combos, endless Christmas in Bramunez, and the constant beatdowns — all just to climb the ladder to greatness — these built a lifetime of memories. Rusty Hearts was a unique experience and will be cherished forever.
Starting today, Rusty Hearts will no longer be downloadable and players won’t be able to deposit ZEN. Existing players will still be able to play, both through Arc and directly through the launcher, until September 15th.
Players who’ve been active within the past 30 days will have their past 6 months’ worth of Zen purchased or transferred into Rusty Hearts credited into their Wallet. (This will take some time, but we’ll let everyone know via email when it’s ready) All Zen credited into the Wallet can be transferred into other games on Arc.
If you enjoyed Rusty Hearts, we think you’d enjoy some of our other games, and we want to give you a head-start in them. We’ll be emailing out codes for Neverwinter, Swordsman and PWI. These will be sent out by email, so please make sure your email addresses are up to date. Join our discussion in the forums as we say our final farewell to Rusty Hearts, and once again, we thank you humbly for three amazing years.
Private servers and fan projects began nearly as soon as the game was shut down. Seemingly the most thorough of these is Rusty Hearts: Revolution which offers “all the features and options available in the final client” as well as Revolution Reborn, an effort launched in February 2020 to incorporate more content into the game.
About the Game
In this gothic inspired world of vampires, half-vampires, and humans, players will be able to unleash devastating combo attacks, engage in a wide variety of epic monster battles, collect valuable loot, and become a unique hero.
- Epic Dungeon Crawling Battles. Engage a wide variety of dungeons and bosses with multiple difficulty levels
- Stylized Graphics. Cel-shaded characters, beautiful backgrounds, and seamless cut scenes
- Beat Em Up Evolved. Fast twitch combat with fast and furious combos that determine your survival
- Player vs. Player (PvP). Various PvP modes to suit every taste including Arena, Solo and Team Survival, Tag Team Match, and more.
- 3D Capable. Full stereoscopic 3D support.
- Meet Unique Heroes. Angela – a sassy witch specialist of elemental magic. Tude – a mysterious, monstrous past and a clear taste for close range melee weapons. Frantz – a half vampire with mid-range melee weapons and dark magic. And more many more!
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to an anonymous reader for submitting this game to the site