|Digital Release:||Steam (as Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum)
December 27, 2010
GOG.com (as Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete)
January 23, 2013
|Delisting:||Between May and June 2012 - Steam|
|Links:||Neverwinter Nights 2 homepage [Archive]
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum was delisted from Steam between May and June of 2012 according to Archive.org captures. A SteamGames.com forum thread from the period where members were compiling a list of delisted titles corroborates the removal.
The cause is most likely tied to Atari’s legal issues with Hasbro who owns the Dungeons & Dragons property on which the Neverwinter Nights series is based. Hasbro likely revoked or refused to renew Atari’s license to the property and it was subsequently removed from sale. As of 2020 the game remains on sale through GOG.com where it is directly published by Hasbro.
About the Game
“Neverwinter Nights™ 2 Platinum includes Neverwinter Nights™ 2 and two official expansion packs: Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir.“
Everything you do has a meaning
- Rediscover familiar locations and old friends from the Neverwinter Nights™ series.
- Create and host your own solo and multiplayer D&D;® adventures using the improved Neverwinter Nights™ 2 Toolset.
- Use new spells, feats, and prestige classes from the existing Dungeons and Dragons® 3.5 Edition rules.
- Explore the Forgotten Realms, rendered in breathtaking detail.
- Play your way – your actions and interactions, the companions you travel with, and the way your build your stronghold all change the course of your adventure.
Cursed by Death, Driven by Destiny
- Challenging 25 hour adventure complete with strategic action, a rich story, and deep characters
- Advance to Epic levels (above level 20) and choose from over 100 new spells and feats
- New tool set features and improvements make creating your own adventures easier than ever
- Includes new monsters, weapons, items, classes, races and environments
As a new era dawns over Faerûn, the jungles of Chult reveal their hidden menace.
- What fate has befallen the Sword Coast since the defeat of the King of Shadows?
- Shipwrecked on the shores of a hostile jungle nation, your adventurers must fight their way to civilization, uncovering a plot that will change Faerûn forever. Among the mighty, beware who you trust.
- Explore the Sword Coast using the new Overland Map.
- New party-based gameplay with teamwork benefits and more reactive party conversation.
- See the impact of your choices on the world and its economy.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to an anonymous reader for submitting this game to the site