|Digital Release:||Xbox 360
November 11, 2009 (EU, JP, US)
November 12, 2009 (US)
|Delisting (approx):||Possibly as early as 2010|
|Links:||Xbox.com page [Archive]
PlayStation Store page
The timeframe for the delisting of NBA Unrivaled is currently uncertain. The delisting may have happened as early as 2010 with the merger between Tecmo and Koei requiring the game to be updated. Given its negative response and the developer’s pivot to mobile and kid-friendly titles, Tecmo Koei may have chosen to remove the game from sale.
Had the game not been removed in 2010 it would have been delisted with the expiration of Tecmo’s license from the NBA, potentially taking place as late as 2016, depending on the length of the license.
About the Game
Paying homage to the old school look and feel of the arcade classics, NBA UNRIVALED™ brings back all of the intensity and pulse pounding action—AMPLIFIED!
- Choose your favorite team: Boasting all 30 NBA teams and the top players from the latest 2009-2010 rosters, you can choose your team to compete in full 5-on-5 team arcade-style gameplay.
- Multiplayer: Grab a friend to play in online or offline multiplayer mode: Player vs. Player, or 2 Players vs. CPU.
- Momentum Mania! As players play for points, they will also play to fill up their Momentum Gauge. Once the Momentum Gauge is maxed out, the team goes into Momentum Mania, which boosts offensive and defensive abilities, allowing for flashier, bigger plays.
- Style: Experience electrifying effects, outrageous dunks, and fast paced action where no other basketball game has gone before!
- Unlockables: Unlock jerseys from today’s favorites to yesterday’s throwback classics.