|Digital Release||Xbox 360
November 11, 2009 (EU, JP, NA)
November 12, 2009 (NA)
|Delisting||No later than January 2012|
|Links||Xbox.com page [Archive]
PlayStation Store page
NBA Unrivaled was last confirmed available on Xbox 360 on September 2, 2011. The earliest confirmation of its removal is a GameFAQs board post on January 18th, 2012, stating that the PlayStation 3 version was no longer available. The Xbox 360 version was likely delisted around the same time.
NBA Unrivaled was delisted due to the expiration of Tecmo’s NBA license, with the dissolution of Tecmo on April 1, 2010 likely requiring the game to be updated. Given its negative response and the developer’s pivot to mobile and kid-friendly titles, Tecmo Koei may have chosen not to renew the game’s publishing rights.
About the Game
Paying homage to the old school look and feel of the arcade classics, NBA UNRIVALED™ brings back all of the intensity and pulse pounding action—AMPLIFIED!
- Choose your favorite team: Boasting all 30 NBA teams and the top players from the latest 2009-2010 rosters, you can choose your team to compete in full 5-on-5 team arcade-style gameplay.
- Multiplayer: Grab a friend to play in online or offline multiplayer mode: Player vs. Player, or 2 Players vs. CPU.
- Momentum Mania! As players play for points, they will also play to fill up their Momentum Gauge. Once the Momentum Gauge is maxed out, the team goes into Momentum Mania, which boosts offensive and defensive abilities, allowing for flashier, bigger plays.
- Style: Experience electrifying effects, outrageous dunks, and fast paced action where no other basketball game has gone before!
- Unlockables: Unlock jerseys from today’s favorites to yesterday’s throwback classics.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Wakayama_PT for the updated info on this one