September 13, 2012 - PC (EU, NA)
November 7, 2013 - Steam
PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
July 22, 2014 (AU, EU, NA)
July 23, 2014 (AU, EU, NA)
|Delisting||August 23, 2016 - Consoles
October 25, 2016 - PC, Steam
|Links||Might & Magic: Duel of Champions homepage [Archive]|
Ubisoft announced on August 23rd, 2016 via the game’s official forum that Might & Magic: Duel of Champions for PC and Steam would be shut down on October 25th, 2016. The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 versions of the game — released with the subtitle Forgotten War, a standalone iteration of Duel of Champions — were delisted immediately. Online functionality for these versions is scheduled to be disabled on September 24, 2016. The iOS version of Duel of Champions has also been delisted. A somewhat generic explanation for the shutdown of this and three other free-to-play titles was given.
“[Name of Game] was not as successful as we had hoped for, so we had to make the decision to close the game. This decision wasn’t easy for us and we tried to find other ways. But in the end we decided to close the game and focus on other projects.”
The announcement also confirmed that the official website, forum and social media channels will be retired alongside the game.
About the Game
The game was originally developed by Ubisoft Quebec but by May of 2015 development had been passed on to Ubisoft Chengdu.
“Enter the legendary universe of Might & Magic with this fantastic strategic online card game. With more than 770 cards, choose your hero, build an army with creatures, spells, buildings and fortunes and defeat cunning opponents in battles of epic proportions.“
IMMERSIVE FANTASY UNIVERSE
- Experience the time-tested factions of the Might & Magic universe in a completely new format. Discover a wealth of beautifully illustrated game cards, featuring all the well-known characters, spells and heroes from the Might & Magic series of games.
BECOME A CHAMPION
- Objective of the game: Defeat your opponent’s hero by deploying creatures, casting spells and taking advantage of buildings, fortunes and events.
- Choose a faction: There are 6 different factions with their own distinct history and play style: Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Stronghold, Sanctuary and Academy. Discover them all and master their strategies.
- Pick your hero: There are over 46 heroes to choose from. The hero you pick will determine the faction your army hails from, your starting levels and life. Each hero also has access to certain schools of magic.
- Build your army for battle: Use the deck builder to create and manage your decks; possibilities are endless and you can create as many of them as you want. Each deck consists of 1 hero card, 8 event cards, and a mix of 50 to 200 creature, spell and fortune cards.
- Master the battleground: Bring your deck into battle! There are 16 positions on the battleground where your cards can be deployed and repositioned, presenting a wide array of approaches and possibilities for deep strategy.
- Play different game modes: Battle various online opponents in ranked or unranked 1 on 1 duels. Take part in daily tournaments or create your own. Win rewards and unlock challenging achievements as you climb up the leaderboards.
SOCIALIZE AND COMPETE ONLINE
- Chat with friends and opponents as playing, and visit the official forums to keep in touch with the Duel of Champions community
- Look for the latest news and updates by following Duel of Champions on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch.
- Challenge your friends directly or let the matchmaking system find you a worthy opponent
- Participate in various online tournaments & leaderboards
GROW YOUR COLLECTION
- Play and level up to unlock free rewards including cards, decks, boosts, currency, tournament tickets, and Wildcards.
- Get exclusive cards for free by completing achievements and winning tournaments
- Visit Emilio’s shop and take advantage of special offers to build your card collection