|Digital Release:||PlayStation 3
December 21, 2010 (AU, EU, US)
March 03, 2011 (JP)
|Delisting:||January 28, 2014 - Server Shutdown|
PlayStation 3 (unplayable from disc)
|Links:||PlayStation Store page
MAG was shut down on January 28th, 2014 when the multiplayer services for the game ended. Sony announced the deadline regarding MAG, SOCOM Confrontation, and SOCOM 4 in a simple tweet posted on July 16th, 2013:
Advisory: Online multiplayer services for MAG, SOCOM Confrontation, and SOCOM 4 will be ending on 01/28/14
MAG was likely delisted from the PlayStation Store on or near December 18th, 2013 alongside SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals Confrontation. The game remains available on physical media although it is likely unplayable.
About the Game
“Climb the ranks and battle with your friends in massive military operations. The decisions and actions of you and your friends affect a constantly evolving war.“
- Massive Action – 256 player online battles managed by an intuitive Command and Control system. Conquer objectives with your squad by working together.
- PlayStation®Move – One-to-one motion immersive controls offer precision aiming and intensified close quarters combat.
- P.M.C. Armies – Enlist with 1 of 3 unique P.M.C.s, each with their own style and history
- Customize your character and pursue a wide variety of combat specialties using the enhanced skill tree.
- Clan Deploy feature that allows clan members to deploy into group queues of up to 128 players.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Allen J. Mckissick for submitting this game to the site