October 27, 2009 - Riot
November 13, 2009 - Steam
November 04, 2021 - Epic Games
|Delisting||Late January, 2010 - Steam|
|Publisher||THQ - Steam
Riot Games - Epic Games, Riot
|Available On||PC (Epic Games, Riot)|
Steam Store page [Archive]
League of Legends: Clash of Fates was delisted on Steam shortly after its debut on the platform, some time in late January of 2010. Eager to avoid Valve taking a percentage of their in-game purchases, and to distinguish League from Valve’s rival title, Dota 2, Riot removed the game from Steam.
Since the game remains in Steam’s database, occasional automated updates to the platform will resurface the League of Legends entry, as it did in May of 2014. At that time PCGamesN and other blogs initially reported that League may be coming back to Steam but a statement from Riot promptly settled the debate.
For a brief period of time after League of Legends launched in 2009, players could purchase a digital collectors edition of the game. This was distributed through a variety of channels (Steam included) via our European partners. We ended those distribution arrangements in 2010, but a small number of players still have this version of the game in their inventories, so that’s why it occasionally pops up. There are no plans to change our current distribution model of providing League of Legends direct via signup.leagueoflegends.com.Riot quote from PCGamesN post, May 2014
Players who still own League on Steam are likely unable to play the game nowadays, as evidenced by the single-digit concurrent player charts on SteamDB.
About the Game
Step into the ultimate Multiplayer Online Battle Arena and experience the best elements of team-based, competitive MMO style RPG combat boiled down into fast paced game sessions!
- Take on the role of Summoner as you build your masteries, select your available spells, equip your Runes and call forth your Champions to battle
- Select one of over 40 unique Champions, each with unique special abilities and innovative gameplay mechanics
- Level your Champion from weak to powerful and make RPG-style advancement decisions from improving abilities to equipping items in fast paced battle scenarios
- Play on hand-crafted, stylized map scenarios to outsmart and defeat the enemy team
- Go head-to-head in competitive multiplayer matches with and against your friends, or compete in solo matches against configurable AI bots
- Create or join teams to work with others and become the best in the League
- Earn in-game rewards to show off your impressive accomplishments through a ground breaking meta-game experience
- Robust community features and support including automated matchmaking, rankings and more!
COLLECTOR’S PACK CONTENT
- 20 playable Champions
- 4 special Summoner Runes
- $10 of Riot Points for use in the Armory
- An exclusive Champion skin, exclusive to retail Annie – The Dark Child
Thanks to Geon for submitting this game to the site