November 19, 2012
November 20, 2012 (AU, EU, US)
February 21, 2013 (KO)
October 31, 2013 (JP)
February 26, 2013 (AU, EU, US)
April 01, 2014 (JP, KO)
|Delisting (approx):||Between April 18, 2017 and June 27, 2018|
|Links:||PlayStation Store page
PSN Flash Sale April 2017
Contracts Mode announcement May 2018
Hitman Absolution was delisted from the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 no earlier than April 18th, 2017. The game was part of a PSN Flash Sale that ended on April 17th and was then confirmed delisted in June of 2018 when we noticed its absence on the PSN store. It was delisted between these dates but we have yet to identify a more exact date or time frame. All downloadable Hitman titles were also included in the April 2017 Flash Sale but as of this writing no others have been delisted.
It is possible the delisting happened in May of 2018 when IO Interactive announced they would “remove all Contracts Mode DLC for sale from all platforms”. This was in part a response to the upcoming GDPR European privacy regulations going into effect and the fact that IO did not own the Absolution Contracts Mode servers. Now separated from Hitman Absolution publisher Square Enix, it is possible the only solution for the PlayStation 3 version of the game was to remove it from sale entirely.
About the Game
Hitman: Absolution follows the Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.
- Showcasing Glacier 2™ technology: HITMAN: ABSOLUTION has been built from the ground up, boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game and sound design.
- Contracts Mode: Create your own custom hits by choosing the level, targets, weapons and the rules of assassination in an innovative new online mode. Created contracts can be shared with friends or the whole Hitman community and the money that you earn will unlock weapons, upgrades and disguises.
- Freedom of Choice: Stalk your prey, fight them head on or adapt as you go along. As Agent 47 the choice is yours thanks to highly evolved gameplay mechanics and a ground-breaking AI system.
- Experience a Living, Breathing World: In the world of Hitman: Absolution every moment can become a story as unique characters, rich dialogue and Hollywood standard performances combine to create a gameplay experience like no other.
- Disguises: As Agent 47, the identity of almost anyone you meet is yours for the taking. Immobilise your prey, steal their outfit and use your instinct to blend in and deceive your enemies.
- Instinct Mode: See the world through the eyes of Agent 47 and become the world’s deadliest assassin. Using Hitman: Absolution’s Instinct Mode you’ll predict enemy movement, discover new ways to kill and use high powered weaponry with deadly accuracy.