Developer Six Foot announced on December 15th that Dreadnought will be shutting down in a few months on March 19th, 2023. As a free-to-play title the game is still available to download on Steam and PlayStation 4 but in-game purchases were disabled alongside the announcement. The game’s final update was also released on the same day and changes can be read here.
After countless epic battles, Dreadnought will sunset on March 19, 2023. We love the universe that we were able to create together with you. Thank you! To give a proper sendoff and farewell to the game, we’re planning a number of activities and events between now and March. Please stay tuned for announcements. In the meantime, here are some important things to note:
- We will continue to support Dreadnought until March 19, 2023, at 11 am CST. At that time, the servers will go offline, and you will no longer be able to play the game.
- Starting today, real-money transactions have been disabled. This includes GPs, Elite Status, packs, and DLCs sold in the in-game market, on Steam, PlayStation, or through third-party game stores.
- Existing GP, XP, and Credit balances will not be affected. You will be able to continue to use your balance to acquire items through the in-game market until March 19.
- While players won’t be able to purchase items with money, credits can now be exchanged for GPs and used to acquire new items. Players will use these items until the game’s sunset day.
- We released a final update to deploy the changes described above and a few small tweaks to the game (link to detailed patch notes below). After work on the patch is complete, RayDog will monitor the game in case there are any issues. The rest of the team will be shifting focus to the new project.
If you have any questions, please send us a message through our support portal, and we’ll respond as soon as we can. Our team would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for your support. It is a privilege to work with you, to be part of your community, and to play with you. Thank you.
With respect and sincere appreciation,The Six Foot Team – December 15, 2022
Leading up to the shutdown the game’s website and forums have been replaced with a single page featuring the above announcement. Thanks to HandMaskTar for submitting the news, I’ve added the date to the Watch List calendar and we’ll have a page up on the site later.