|Digital Release:||Nintendo Wii U
February 13, 2014 (JP)
February 21, 2014 (AU, EU, US)
|Delisting:||April 2018 (US)|
Nintendo Wii U (EU, JP)
Nintendo Wii U
NintendoEverything news post
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was likely delisted from the Nintendo Wii U in North America in late April of 2018. Its absence was first noted on reddit on April 30th, 2018. The delisting looks to have been a move by Nintendo of America to entice buyers over to the then-unreleased Switch port of the game as the Wii U versions have yet to be removed from sale in Europe or Japan.
About the Game
“Help Donkey Kong and his friends save their home and banana hoard from marauding Vikings in the Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze game from Retro Studios. All the challenging ground-pounding, barrel-blasting, side-scrolling mine cart action from the Donkey Kong Country series is back along with a bushel of new game play elements and features.“
- Dixie Kong is back to join the adventure as a playable character alongside Diddy Kong. Either can buddy up with Donkey Kong, and each character offers a different game play experience.
- Explore new dynamic levels that twist, turn, and transform in new ways. Enjoy spectacular views from the dynamic rotating camera.
- On their journey to reclaim Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong and his friends travel across five islands with a variety of stages that include underwater areas and frozen environments.
- Enhance Donkey Kong’s exploration and unlock secrets with a variety of new moves, including a “plucking” system to pull items right out of the ground.
- Team up with friends in a cooperative multiplayer mode that lets two players share in the fun together. (Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode and sold separately.)
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Aipompous for submitting this game to the site