|Digital Release||PlayStation 4, Xbox One
July 10, 2018 (AU, EU, NA)
July 10, 2018 - Steam, TrionWorlds
|Delisting||April 29, 2021|
|Links||Defiance homepage [Archive]|
Eden Eternal and Twin Saga from Aeria Games, and both Defiance and Defiance 2050 from Trion Worlds were shut down on April 29th, 2021. Gamigo Group announced the upcoming closures on February 24th, 2021 disabling in-game purchases for all games and closing new account registrations for Eden Eternal and Twin Saga on the same day. Defiance and Defiance 2050 remained available to new players until the games were shut down. Each announcement expressed the same sentiment of tough times, tighter budgets, and dwindling active player counts. These appear to be the collective cause behind Gamigo’s decision to close these titles. The announcement follows:
Since the release of Defiance 8 years ago, followed by the release of Defiance 2050 3 years ago, we have shared countless gaming memories. Today we come to you with hearts heavy with sadness as we announce that Defiance and Defiance 2050 will officially cease all operations on April 29, 2021.
This decision was not an easy one to make. We concluded that both games could no longer sustain themselves. While we are discontinuing the games service, we will never forget the incredible journey we embarked on together. It is never easy to announce the shutdown of any game, knowing how much time and effort we have all put into making Defiance and Defiance 2050 enjoyable for many years.
As of today, all cash purchases will be disabled. Bits already purchased before February 24, 2021 will still be usable until the end of service. Players may continue to play in Defiance and Defiance 2050 and enjoy all game features until April 29, 2021. The following content will be available:
– 95% discount on all in-game items sold for Bits in the Defiance Store.
– Every 1-2 weeks, we will hold a server event for Defiance and Defiance 2050.
– Server Boosts for Skill, Reputation, and Experience Points will be active.
– Item giveaways.
An FAQ page was also provided with additional details on the shutdown process.
About the Game
Join your friends and become an Ark Hunter in a massive cooperative online shooter like no other. Choose from an array of fully customizable weapons and classes, explore a unique futuristic open world, and engage in epic fast-paced third-person shooter combat.
- Seek fame and fortune as an Ark Hunter in a compelling sci-fi narrative
- Fight it out through fast-paced third-person shooter combat in a massive open world
- Battle alien races alongside hundreds of other players in massive dynamic world events
- Craft a perfect Ark Hunter via thousands of unique class, weapon, and upgrade combinations
- Test your arsenal against other players in instanced battlegrounds and giant 64×64 open world battles
- Join up as a 4-person squad and challenge punishing story driven instances
- Race from battle to battle across a devastated Earth using dozens of futuristic vehicles
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Wakayama_PT for submitting this game to the site