March 15, 2007
|Nov 2013 - May 2014
|Digital Game Factory
Commandos: Strike Force was likely delisted on Steam between November of 2013 and May of 2014. Merge Games acquired the publishing rights to many of Pyro Studios’ titles in November of 2013 but apparently did not pick up Strike Force. The game may have remained on sale into May of 2014 when it was removed from the Steam Master package. Kalypso Media Digital then acquired publishing rights to these titles in 2018 but also chose not to pick up Strike Force. With no publisher the game could have reverted to Pyro Studios but by 2008 the developer had downsized and transitioned into the mobile game space before reportedly shutting down entirely in 2017.
About the Game
Experience stealth and action combat like never before. Move freely in open battlefields and execute deadly attacks with extreme control. Set ambushes, attack silently and unseen, infiltrate prisoner-of-war camps, stalk, and stab, all while being completely surrounded by the enemy. Strike Force. Strike First.
- Stealth combat gameplay: Use the open environments to your advantage to create surprise attacks. Move silently and unseen behind enemy lines, strangle or knife the enemy from behind, or take out three enemies with one bullet from 300 yards away. Disguise yourself and infiltrate their headquarters.
- Play as one of three elite commandos: Play as the Green Beret, Sniper, or Spy. Each has a unique set of stealth and action skills and weapons.
- Offers a wide variety of stealth combat missions new to the genre: sabotage, ambush, kidnap, assassinate, stalk and stab, infiltrate and destroy an atomic weapons lab, experience street-to-street fighting in Stalingrad, and more.
- Open-ended levels and multiple sub-missions within levels give players a high degree of control on how to approach and complete missions.
- Special two-commando missions where you can switch on-the-fly between commandos in real-time.
- Online combat: a variety of multiplayer modes, up to 8 players online with console and 16 players via PC.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Franz Soße for submitting this game to the site