October 16, 2012
December 03, 2014 (AU, EU, US)
February 10, 2015 (US)
February 11, 2015 (AU, EU)
December 01, 2015 (AU, EU, US)
December 02, 2015 (AU, EU, US)
|Delisting:||No later than May 30, 2018 (All Console Versions)|
|Developer:||Torn Banner Studios|
|Links:||Chivalry: Medieval Warfare homepage
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare was delisted from PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One no later than May 30th, 2018. This is the date when redditors on the r/ChivalryGame subreddit verified the game’s removal. Torn Banner Studios later acknowledged the console delistings in a June 21st post on their official forums, stating:
“Chivalry has been pulled from console stores (PlayStation Store and Xbox Games Store) as the result of a time-limited agreement between Torn Banner Studios and Activision Publishing. This has no impact on the Steam version.”
One exemption that is very publicly displayed on the game’s PlayStation.com page gives Activision the right to discontinue service “due to a limited number of players continuing to make use of the service over time”. In the case of Chivalry the “time-limited agreement” that Torn Banner Studios mentioned in their post may have been based on this metric rather than a typical, annual licensing agreement.
The game remains available on Steam as of this writing where it is published by Torn Banner Studios themselves.
About the Game
Besiege castles and raid villages in this 24 player online experience. Trade in your guns and grenades to test your mettle against cold hard steel on the medieval battlefield.
- Now including over 25 battlefields, up to 24 player online multiplayer, and an all new Horde Mode.
- Deep melee combat system allows you to wield an arsenal of 60+ brutal weapons ranging from broad swords to longbows.
- Switch between the intense combat of first-person to the tactical view of third-person anytime during battle.
- Team tactics and strategy bring players together to batter down gates and assassinate enemy royalty to achieve victory.
- Use a variety of siege weapons ranging from catapults, boiling oil, ballista, battering rams and more.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to FallenRyan for submitting this game to the site