|Digital Release||PlayStation 3
September 06, 2011 (NA)
September 07, 2011 (AU, EU)
May 01, 2014 (JP)
September 07, 2011 (EU, NA)
January 14, 2014 - GOG.com
April 30, 2014 - Steam
|Delisting||September 09, 2021 - GOG.com, Steam
September 2021 - Xbox 360
PlayStation 3 (NA, AU, EU, JP)
GOG.com (See Below)
GOG.com page [Archive]
The original releases of BloodRayne: Betrayal were delisted on GOG.com and Steam on September 9th, 2021, the same day as the release of BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites from Ziggurat Interactive. The Xbox 360 releases were presumably delisted around this same time. As of November 2021 the PlayStation 3 versions remain available to download. GOG.com confirmed shortly after the release of Fresh Bites that all owners of the new title would have access to download both the Ziggurat and Majesco versions.
About the Game
The original video game femme fatale, Rayne, has returned to battle and feed in a brand new hack ‘n slash adventure. Slay ghastly enemies as Rayne, the sexy dhampir with superhuman strength, speed, and agility, recruited by the vampire hunting Brimstone Society for one last mission. The target is a lavish, yet sinister ball in a secluded castle with plenty of dark and gruesome surprises. With the help of a mysterious friend, and members of Brimstone, Rayne must infiltrate the manor, take out the fiendish horde, and stop an evil master plot once and for all.
- Kill evil vampire scum in 15 challenging levels across multiple unique acts, including: The Forest, The Attic and The Freaky Ballroom.
- Meet new characters along the way including a mysterious shape shifter.
- Feed on enemies and refuel your blood reserves in gruesome new ways including the Blood Fountain.
- Solve environmental puzzles including Blood Seal, Grinder Switch and Rising Blood Tower.
- Punishing combat skills deliver Rayne’s intense brutal fatalities:
- Infection: Enemy vampires bloat and explode when triggered.
- Heel Stomp: Instant-kill enemies after laying them out.
- Drain: Bite and drain your enemy’s blood to restore your health.
- Full arsenal of lethal weapons including Rayne’s signature arm blades and super guns.
- Battle a variety of new enemies and deadly bosses including Flying Parasites, Blood Balloons, Elite Guards and more!