March 24, 2014
July 10, 2023
|Delisting||May 19, 2021 - Steam|
Betrayer was quietly re-released on GOG.com on July 10th, 2023. It was released free-of-charge by the original developers Blackpowder Games. The original delisting information follows:
Betrayer was delisted on Steam on May 19th, 2021. After going silent on social media and on the game’s Steam Community forum by 2015, it is assumed that Blackpowder Games is no longer a functioning developer or publisher. With no one to support the title on Steam it has been delisted.
About the Game
Betrayer is a first person action adventure game that takes you to the New World at the turn of the 17th century. The year is 1604. You sailed from England expecting to join a struggling colony on the coast of Virginia. Instead, you find only ghosts and mysteries. What catastrophe blighted the land and drained it of color and life? Where are the settlers and tribes who lived here?
Clue by clue, you must piece together the story of what befell this doomed settlement and find a way to set things right. You will be hunted by corrupted Conquistadors and ravening shadows as you explore an expansive wilderness in order to trace the brief, tragic history of the colony and search for survivors.
- Explore large, open environments teeming with danger and discovery. Chart your own course in search of clues and treasures.
- Switch between two distinct worlds featuring different enemies, obstacles, and threats.
- Wield early 17th century weaponry including muskets, bows, crossbows, and tomahawks. Upgrade your arsenal by purchasing or finding faster, deadlier, longer-ranged weapons.
- Charge headlong into battle with guns blazing or pick enemies off quietly. A novel, movement-based stealth system lets you hide in plain sight or use the wind to mask your footsteps.
- Equip ability-enhancing Charms to complement your play style, granting anything from extra health to faster movement to improved stealth.
- Play with the default visual style for maximum eeriness and tension or customize the color and contrast settings to suit your tastes.
Thanks to Linoano for submitting this game to the site