|Digital Release:||Xbox 360
October 11, 2011 (US)
November 27, 2012 (US)
November 28, 2012 (AU, EU)
February 21, 2013 (KO, JP)
January 25, 2013
|Delisting:||Late January 2017 - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
December 14, 2018 - Steam
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon was first delisted from Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in late January 2017. A post on the r/acecombat subreddit revealed that the announcement was made on the official Japanese Ace Combat homepage days ahead of the delistings, stating that “this will be effective as of this week’s PlayStation Store and Xbox LIVE updates”. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon was not removed from Steam until December 14th, 2018.
As with most Ace Combat titles, this delisting was most likely due to expired licensing from the many aircraft manufacturers featured in the game.
About the Game
Developed by the Project Aces team, ACE COMBAT® ASSAULT HORIZON intensifies the franchise, escalating combat to the next level with aircraft that are literally torn apart, spewing oil and debris across the sky. Players will engage in combat across the globe, dodging skyscrapers, and turning their enemies into fiery supersonic debris in both single player and online multiplayer. Never before has combat been so fast and in-your-face.
- Dramatic realistic storyline – Written by New York Times best-selling military author Jim DeFelice, players will experience an engaging war drama spanning real-world locations across the globe.
- Steel carnage destruction – Incredible detail and visual reaction for every explosive attack (aircrafts are shredded to pieces, enemy troops annihilated, buildings shattered, machines bleed)
- Entirely new aircrafts to pilot – Experience split-second maneuvering and positioning, pinpoint targeting, hovering attacks and over gameplay diversity through the introduction of the Attack Helicopter, Door Gunner, Bomber and more
- Revolutionary Close-Range Assault system – Delivering high-speed acrobatics, dizzying one-on-one encounters, satisfying visceral low altitude and high-flying death from above
- ACE COMBAT online reinvented – Take to the skies and engage hostile forces in a variety of modes including Capital Conquest (challenge opposing teams and fight to protect or take control of famous capitals around the world)