March 5, 2013
|Delisting||August 14, 2018|
|Developer||Arrowhead Game Studios
The Showdown Effect was delisted from Steam on August 14, 2018. The game was delisted due to unsustainable operating costs and low player counts, with the game having less than 100 concurrent players by November 2013. When asked for comment on The Showdown Effect’s delisting, Christian Arvidsson of Paradox Support stated:
The Showdown Effect will not be making a return as it is sadly not a feasible product to keep active. It was costing us more than it generated and as a business that’s not really good. The game was also not developed by us and we are no longer cooperating with them.
I understand you’d like to see it return and you are not alone, I really liked that game, but I can say with 99% certainty that it won’t happen.Steam community post
About the Game
The Showdown Effect is a 2.5D multiplayer action game inspired by 80’s and 90’s action movies. Champions from throughout time fight to death for fun, for glory and for awesome.
The Showdown Effect recreates the outrageous combat found in classic action movies and then takes it one step further. Use weaponry pulled straight from the silver screen’s unparalleled arsenal: shotguns, baseball bats, assault rifles, umbrellas, grenades, katanas, rocket launchers and more.
No explosion is too loud and no bullet dodge is impossible. Impale your friend with a broomstick and tell them to “Stick around” as you jetpack off to the next enemy.
The Showdown Effect also uses integrated streaming technology to live stream directly to Twitch.tv, without the need for third party software.
- Up to 8 player fast paced, cinematic, multiplayer action
- In-game, out-of-the box streaming capability to Twitch.tv (PC only)
- 8 clichéd characters , each with unique abilities
- 6 levels across two different environments
- 4 different free for all and team based game modes
- Solo matchmaking using ELO rating system
- Custom rules sets to create your own game modes – Pistols only!
- Progressive rewards and unlocks for character and weapon customization
- Experience the most over-the-top action sequences from your favorite movies across different environments
- Numerous heroes, dozens of weapons, hundreds of moves – infinite fun