|Digital Release||PC (as The Exiled Realm of Arborea)
January 25, 2011 (KO)
July 29, 2011 (JP)
May 01, 2012 (NA)
May 03, 2012 (EU)
May 05, 2015 - Steam
January 31, 2017 - Steam (Relaunch)
March 08, 2018 (NA)
March 09, 2018 (AU, EU)
November 29, 2018 (JP)
April 03, 2018 (NA)
April 21, 2018 (EU)
July 17, 2018 (AU)
November 28, 2019 (JP)
April 20, 2022 - Server Shutdown (JP)
May 31, 2022 - Removed from Sale (Steam)
June 30, 2022 - Server Shutdown (AU, EU, KO, NA)
|Publisher||Bluehole Studio/KRAFTON - PC (KO)
GameOn - PC (JP)
Gameforge - Steam, PC (EU, NA)
Bluehole Studio/KRAFTON - PlayStation 4, Xbox One
|Available On||PlayStation 4 (AU, EU, JP, NA)
Xbox One (AU, EU, JP, NA)
|Links||TERA homepage (KO) [Archive]
TERA homepage (AU, EU, NA) [Archive]
TERA on consoles homepage [Archive]
Publisher GameOn announced on January 19th, 2022 that the Japanese version of TERA on PC would be shutting down on April 20th. GameOn gave no explanation for the decision but on the same day that TERA shut down in Japan, April 20th, 2022, Bluehole Studio/KRAFTON announced that the game would be shutting down on PC for the rest of the world on June 30th, 2022.
New account registrations and in-game purchases for the game in Korea, North America, and Europe were disbled on May 31st with servers scheduled to be shut off on June 30th, 2022 at 10am CEST (4am EST). English publisher Gameforge provided an FAQ that relayed Bluehole’s explanation and addressed questions about in-game purchases and refunds for their versions of the game. The same information was shared on the game’s Steam Store page as well.
When will Gameforge stop servicing Tera?
- New TERA account registrations and the ability to purchase Tera Thalers will be deactivated on 31st May 2022.
- TERA Club purchases will also be deactivated on 31st May 2022.
- All TERA servers will be deactivated on 30th June 2022 at 10:00 AM CEST.
Why is Tera shutting down?
- After careful deliberations, the developers of TERA (Bluehole) have unfortunately taken the difficult decision to end development of the game, as they feel that they are no longer able to provide the satisfying content that TERA players deserve. Instead they would like to focus their internal development efforts on other projects.
- Gameforge has happily hosted a great community in TERA for almost 10 years now, and would have happily served players even longer, but without the support of the developers this is not feasible.
Will there be any kind of migration options for players? What will happen to our accounts, currency and progress?
- As TERA will be shut down globally on PC, no migration options exists. Your TERA Thalers can still be spent until the servers shut down.
Will there be any refunds for purchased/remaining currency or TERA Club?
- No, there will be no refunds for purchases that have already been made, but players are able to spend their remaining TERA Thalers in the shop until the servers are shut down.
- For TERA Club members that have a long-term membership running beyond 30th June 2022, please contact our Payment Support team after the shutdown for a partial refund .
What about my Gameforge account?
- You will still be able to use your Gameforge account to play other Gameforge games such as NosTale or Swords of Legends Online, even after the TERA servers shut down on 30th June 2022.
What will happen to the forum and the TERA Social Media channels?
- All TERA channels, including the website, forum and all social media pages, will close shortly after the service has been shut down.
As of August 2022 no confirmation had been made about the future of TERA on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, however the game continues to be updated on these platforms. Bluehole Studio/KRAFTON has maintained the game themselves on both platforms since 2018. Although the support page for the console releases hasn’t been updated since 2020 the official homepage continues to post discount sales and server management updates periodically.
About the Game
Get ready for the action-packed challenge of your life in TERA! Your adventures in this breathtaking universe will push the very boundaries of the genre. With its True Action Combat system, you need to aim and dodge to cast spells, land your attacks and avoid taking damage. Timing and tactics are key to victory in this game!
Make your mark on a stunningly beautiful world, entering into epic battles with your teammates, assuming the role of a raging Berserker, a vengeful Reaper or a benevolent Priest. Join your friends to take down BAMs – Big Ass Monsters – who are as bloodthirsty and powerful as they are massive. Explore countless multiplayer dungeons, huge battlegrounds, or delve into open world PvP with an array of seven races and 13 classes to choose from.
- Put your skills to the test with the dynamic True Action Combat system
- Choose your character from the selection of seven races and 13 classes
- Make a name for yourself in heroic battles against other players and BAMs
- Explore a rich world in stunning graphical quality
- Become a master artisan and hone your gear to perfection