January 23, 2014 - Steam, Ubisoft Store
|July 02, 2021
October 20, 2021
PC (Steam, Ubisoft)
PC (AU, EU)
Ubisoft Store page [Archive]
Ubisoft announced on October 20, 2021 that all authentication-related issues regarding Might & Magic X were resolved, and that the game would return to sale. The original delisting details follow.
First announced on April 6th, 2021, the shutdown of online services for several Ubisoft titles including Might & Magic X – Legacy was pushed back to June 1st. After the servers were shut down the game’s DRM was no longer able to authenticate purchases and locked players out of the majority of the game. Seemingly unaware, Ubisoft continued selling the game until July 2nd, 2021 when it was removed from Steam and the Ubisoft Store. Developer Ubi Milky posted to the game’s Steam Community forums on August 19th, 2021 to explain.
Hello everyone, thank you for checking out this post.
After the retirement of the Might and Magic X Legacy servers on June 1st 2021, we understand that players have come across two issues with the single-player aspects of the game.
Issue 1. Players who own the Deluxe version of the game, are unable to access their DLC, The Falcon and the Unicorn.
Issue 2. Players report that when they meet Lev, the Griffon Rider, the option to Fly to the Elemental Forge is greyed out during Act 1, preventing you from progressing in the story.
Both of these issues have been reported and are currently under investigation. For the time being, the game has been removed from the Steam store, whilst we work to resolve this. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Although retail copies of the game were released in Australian and European territories, and while download codes may still be redeemable, all versions of the game are likely unplayable at this time since they would all check into the same authentication servers.
About the Game
After a decade, a Might & Magic® RPG is back with both the unique core formula and a new set of improved and fine-tuned features. The best RPG of its class! In the wake of the spectacular events in Might & Magic® Heroes® VI, you will play in a party of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around Karthal. The city, on the verge of secession, is prey to competing factions vying for its control. Your actions will determine the fate of the city.
Might & Magic® X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre. Create and lead your group into an exciting open world and battle mythical powerful creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures!
- Dive into vintage Might & Magic®: Discover an authentic franchise that defined early PC RPG gaming in the ’80s. This classic and timeless RPG has returned after eleven years of waiting and has been adapted to today’s standards while respecting yesterday’s expectations. Old school, new rules!
- Create your party: Take control of a team of four adventurers chosen among four different races. Twelve classes are available, each one having their own skill system. Thousands of combinations are possible!
- Forge your own tactics: Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and unique bosses and accomplish unique quests, level up your group, and gain new powerful artifacts.
- Discover a new part of Ashan: Explore the Agyn Peninsula – a totally new, unexplored environment in the Might & Magic universe. Get familiar with its epic wilderness and meet the locals who pack quite a few surprises…
- Explore twisted dungeons: Make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities, and labyrinths full of traps, and solve puzzles and riddles to rack your brain. Beware: You never know what’s hiding around the corner!
- Create and share your mods: Build your own adventure and quests and share them with the community. The legacy is yours!
Thanks to HandMaskTar for submitting this game to the site