July 07, 2015 (KO)
October 04, 2018 (US)
October 04, 2018 (US)
|Delisting:||May 27, 2020|
|Links:||MapleStory 2 homepage [Archive]
MapleStory 2 memorial page
Nexon announced on March 18th, 2020 that they would be shutting down MapleStory 2 for the Japanese and Western markets on May 27th after determining that the game was no longer sustainable in those regions. As of this writing service for the game continues in Korea and China. The full announcement follows:
With extremely heavy hearts, we are deeply saddened to inform you that we will be closing down the Global MapleStory 2 service on May 27th, 2020.
We are forever grateful for your patience and dedication to MapleStory 2 as we tried to rework the game starting with Project New Leaf, but ultimately we’ve decided that we will not be able to provide the type of service that would live up to your expectations. We took a hard look at the current state of the game and its future roadmap, and sadly reached the conclusion that it would be difficult to maintain long-term continuation of the game while remaining true to what made MapleStory 2 your MapleStory 2.
As part of this news, we are disabling the ability to purchase additional Blue Merets and Meso Tokens effective today. We will continue to support MapleStory 2 throughout the next couple months, although this will be our last update. The game will still be available free-to-play via the Nexon Launcher and Steam.
Additionally, we’ll be running several closing community and in-game events to celebrate our last few months together. You can check out the details here.
Please see below for a timeline of the MapleStory 2 service closure, as well as our refund policy.
- March 18, 2020 after maintenance
- Blue Merets and Meso Tokens can no longer be purchased. Any remaining Blue Merets in the inventory can still be used.
- Refunds will be processed for qualifying purchases. Please see details regarding our refund policy below.
- Final in-game and community events will begin.
- May 27, 2020
- Close MapleStory 2 servers.
- Close MapleStory 2 website, forums, and Discord.
- June 26, 2020
- Discontinue Customer Support for MapleStory 2.
- Purchases made via the Nexon Launcher or through our website between December 11, 2019 12:00 AM PST and March 18, 2020 8:00 AM PDT will be refunded the full price in NX.
- Refunds will be made in NX; the same type of NX (Credit or Prepaid) that was used to make the original purchase.
- For any questions, please contact Customer Support.
- [UPDATED] We would like to offer Steam players credit in NX Prepaid for Blue Meret or Meso Token purchases between made December 11, 2019 12:00 AM PST and March 18, 2020 8:00 AM PDT if purchases were made with Steam Wallet in-game.
- In order to do this, please contact Nexon’s Customer Support team, rather than Steam’s Customer Support. Since this process is through us and not Steam, please provide us with proof of the purchases (screenshots of the Steam Purchase History and your Steam ID) within the eligible period.
- We cannot refund MapleStory 2 DLC Packs purchased through Steam. Only Blue Meret purchases made within the time window above are eligible for credit in NX.
- Any purchases made through Steam must abide by their refund policy found here.
We are very thankful for the support we’ve had since MapleStory 2 was announced. Our players are some of the most passionate and committed, and we have enjoyed the experience of creating this game with all of you. Thank you to everyone who stayed with us and took the time to share feedback and creativity. You made the overall experience so wonderful.
– The MapleStory 2 Team
A memorial page has replaced the game’s homepage and as of this writing contains a farewell message, a huge array of downloadable art assets, and a link to Nexon’s YouTube playlist containing the game’s music.
About the Game
“Explore limitless creative possibilities in MapleStory2, an all-new MMORPG adventure. Customize your hero, embark on epic quests, build your dream world, and explore a brand new dimension of the MapleStory universe alongside a passionate community of fellow Maplers. Adventurers welcome!
Claim Your Destiny as an Epic HeroMapleStory 2 is one of the most customizable MMORPGs available. You’ll find colorful 3D landscapes to explore, loads of new and familiar enemies to vanquish, and tons of exciting bosses to battle. Choose your class, embark on your journey, and the rest is up to you!“
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to DragonWolf for submitting this game to the site