June 12, 2010
|Delisting||June 20, 2022|
|Available On||None (See Below)|
|Links||HoN homepage (NA)
HoN homepage (SEA)
Heroes of Newerth was shut down on June 20, 2022. On December 13, 2021, developer Frostburn Studios announced the closure of Heroes of Newerth on their Facebook page.
Dear Heroes of Newerth (HoN) players,
Heroes of Newerth (HoN) has been in service for a long time. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to everyone who has been on this journey, created special memories together with us, moved HoN forward, and created a lot of unforgettable stories for HoN, as well as making Heroes of Newerth become one of the most popular MOBA games in history.
The Heroes of Newerth team regrets to announce that Heroes of Newerth’s service will officially come to an end on June 20, 2022.
We, the Heroes of Newerth Team, would like to thank our players for all the support we’ve been receiving all this time. Please find the schedule and details of key dates for everyone below:
December 13, 2021
– Gold Coins will no longer be purchasable at 9am Eastern Time (EST, GMT -5).
December 31, 2021
– New accounts can no longer be created.
June 20, 2022
– Close down Heroes of Newerth’s services, and gradually close down other official communication platforms for Heroes of Newerth over time.
Last but not least, even though the journey of HoN or Heroes of Newerth has come to an end, we believe that all the valuable memories of our players through all these years will never fade away.
To thank our players for the valuable memories all this time, we have launched the exclusive in-game events, so that you can throw back to those good old days once again before the game will be permanently closed. Please find the detail of the events below for the HoN NAEU/International client:
Permanent Events (starting from December 20, 2021 up until the end of service):
– Silver Coin multiplier for Matchmaking games increased to 10x.
Plinko Drop Rates
– Drop rates for the Diamond Chest will be permanently increased to 4x.
Regarding Gold-Coin exclusive products
– Certain products will be made available with Silver Coins. This process will be done gradually over time, at the sole discretion of Frostburn Studios (given the current circumstances).
– It is not feasible to unlock every single avatar or product, and some products cannot be made to be purchasable with Silver Coins only.
Farewell Events from December 20, 2021 to February 19, 2022
– First 10/20/30/40/50 Forests of Caldavar games played, get 1000/2000/3000/4000/5000 Silver Coins, respectively.
– First 10/20/30/40/50 Mid Wars games played, get 500/1000/1500/2000/2500 Silver Coins, respectively.
– First 10/20/30/40/50 Forests of Caldavar games won, get 700/1400/2100/2800/3500 Plinko Tickets, respectively.
– If you log in for 5/10/20/30/40/50/60 consecutive days, you get 500/1000/2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 Silver Coins, respectively.
– Players will also be able to Gift other players items from the HoN Store during the Farewell Event period (with the remainder of their Gold Coins).
– Limit of 5 Gifts sent from an account.
It’s all those little moments with you that I love the most. Enjoy the last moments of HoN together!
See you in Heroes of Newerth.
HoN Service – Q&A
Q: I can play HoN until when?
A: You can play HoN up until June 20th, 2022
Q: How long will the Farewell Event last? And who can participate in the event?
A: Farewell Event will last for 2 months, from December 20th, 2021 to February 19, 2022. Anyone can participate in this event
Q: If I am a new player, how can I participate in Farewell Event?
A: You have to create an account on the official HoN website before December 30th, 2021.
Q: Will items purchased during Farewell Event vanish after the event ends?
A: No, it will not vanish. You will be able to use those items until the End of Service day.– Heroes of Newerth Team
About the Game
Heroes of Newerth builds upon the DotA formula and takes it to the next level by delivering cutting edge graphics, fast-paced gameplay, meticulous statistical tracking, and server-client networking that feeds gamers’ competitive appetites around the world.