|Digital Release:||PlayStation 3 (as PS2 Classic)
January 17, 2013 (US)
|Delisting:||Between March 2015 and Early 2016|
|Developer:||Nippon Ichi Software|
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness on Wikipedia
The PlayStation 2 Classics version of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness was delisted from PlayStation 3 no later than March of 2015. This is the last time that the game was on sale and mentioned on the North American PlayStation Blog. The game may have been delisted early in 2016 to incentivize players to buy the new Steam edition, titled Disgaea PC.
Iterations of the original game with various added content can still be purchased for PC, PlayStation Portable, and Nintendo DS, as well as the 2018 re-releases for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
About the Game
“The Netherworld – a realm darker than the deepest abyss, located far beneath where mortals tread.
Two years after the death of King Krichevskoy, Netherworld ruler. His son Laharl awakens from deep sleep, unaware of his father’s death. Scheming demons vie for supremacy. Prince Laharl must fight to regain the throne.“
- Unleash over 100 mind-blowing spells and special skills to lay waste to your enemies!
- New Formation Attack System allows up to 4 of your characters to do quadruple the damage on one enemy!
- Customize your army with over 150 character classes and monsters!
- Dynamic battle system allows players to switch your characters in and out of combat to adjust your strategies!
- Never before seen gameplay elements add a new dimension of strategy by using the surrounding environment to your advantage!
- Open a dimensional portal into the Item World and do battle there to increase the power of your weapons!
- Over 40 hours of gameplay with multiple endings!
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to an anonymous reader for submitting this game to the site