November 4, 2009
|Delisting:||August 27, 2014|
|Developer:||FutureMark Game Studio|
|Publisher:||FutureMark Game Studio|
|Links:||Shattered Horizon homepage [Archive]
Yes, I am sorry to say that Shattered Horizon is no longer for sale in any region.
As Unbenannte said, we sold our game studio to Rovio in 2012. Futuremark is 100% forcused on making 3DMark and other benchmarks now. We’re a small company and can no longer spare the time and people required to support our old game titles.
Since we will not be able to fix the issues with ranking, leaderboards and stats we decided to take the game down from Steam. As someone who worked on Shattered Horizon, it makes me sad to see it go, but it feels like the right thing to do.
If you own Shattered Horizon you can still play single-player and multiplayer on community servers, though stats are no longer being collected. If you have a CD-key from a promotion or gift, you will still be able to redeem it for a copy in Steam.
On behalf of everyone at Futuremark, and the ex-Futuremark Games Studio crew, thank you for buying and enjoying Shattered Horizon. “See you on the flipside.”
About the Game
“Shattered Horizon is a multiplayer shooter played in zero gravity. Familiar and intuitive FPS controls let you take full advantage of the distinctive environments. Use your rocket pack to move freely through space and then land on any surface. Engage enemies in furious firefights, or ambush them from unexpected angles. Zero gravity offers you freedom of movement that cannot be found in any other game.“
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement in this multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space and then land on any surface. Engage your enemies in furious firefights, or ambush them from unexpected angles.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Familiar and intuitive FPS controls let you take full advantage of the zero gravity environments while astonishing graphics and advanced lighting effects immerse you in the cold reality of combat in space.
- Available November 4, 2009 exclusively for the PC at the suggested retail price of €19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to Rafnar for submitting this game to the site