|Digital Release||Xbox 360
February 28, 2012 (AU, EU, NA)
|Delisting||Late June 2020|
ResetEra forum discussion
Shadows of the Damned was delisted on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in late June of 2020. The game was included in a “Shocktober in Summer” sale on Xbox.com but was removed before the promo ended on June 30th. It appears that the game was delisted at the end of Electronic Arts’ publishing deal with Grasshopper Manufacture. The 2019 release of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes includes an elaborate cutscene and conversation with Travis Touchdown that strongly suggests that Shadows of the Damned will be back in one form or another.
As of this writing it seems possible that an “HD remake” of the original Shadows of the Damned could be in the works alongside a proper sequel. The game remained available on EA’s subscription service, EA Access, but was removed around February of 2021.
About the Game
Shadows of the Damned is the all-new psychological action thriller from the Japanese nightmare team of executive director Suda51 (director of No More Heroes), creative producer Shinji Mikami (director of Resident Evil 4) and music composer Akira Yamaoka (sound director of Silent Hill).
Venture deep into a hyper-demented re-imagining of hell as demon hunter Garcia Hotspur on a mission to rescue the love of his life. Defeat the armies of darkness with the power of the light and the help of the trusty Johnson, a former demon with the ability to transform into an array of vicious weapons. Shadows of the Damned delivers shocking and unique gameplay experiences that include over-the-top action, grandiose boss battles, demented puzzles, grotesque enemies, heart-pounding moments and psychotic imagery. Brace yourself for one hell of a trip to the city of the damned.
- A New Vision of Hell from the Creative Genius of Suda51 (No More HeroesTM), Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil® 4) and Akira Yamaoka (Silent HillTM) – Combining visceral Grindhouse-style action with a psychologically thrilling atmosphere, Shadows of the Damned is a vision of hell like no other.
- Brutally Twisted Boss Battles – Bring your wrath upon some of the biggest, most memorable and thrilling boss battles ever created.
- Harness the Power of the Light to Defeat the Army of the Dark – Manipulate the balance of light and dark to defeat vicious enemies, solve mind boggling puzzles, and bring hell to its knees.
- Psychologically Twisted, Visceral Combat – Rip apart the forces of the damned using an array of upgradable weapons and survive the ultimate head trip.
- Heart-Wrenching Storyline – A love lost and the journey through hell to get her back are the backdrop for this warped tale.
- Pulse-Pounding Soundtrack – Composed by Akira Yamaoka, one of Japan’s most talented and prolific videogame music composers, the game’s music and sound design add flair and intensity to the gameplay experience.
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to @OldMario for submitting this game to the site