|Digital Release||Xbox 360
June 23, 2010 (EU, JP, NA)
December 21, 2010 (EU, NA)
March 08, 2011
|Delisting||June 2014 - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
October 05, 2020 - Steam
|Links||Stainless Games homepage
Xbox.com page [Archive]
RISK: Factions was delisted on Xbox 360 no later than June 26th, 2016 according to this report from TrueAchievements.com. It was presumably delisted on PlayStation 3 around the same time. The game would not be delisted on Steam until October 5th, 2020. Although this last delisting occurred years after EA’s license from Hasbro expired it remains the most likely cause for the game’s removal from Steam.
Electronic Arts held the Hasbro license from 2007 to 2014 and released several games based on their board games on numerous platforms. Ubisoft announced in August of 2014 that it was the new license holder for Hasbro properties resulting in the delisting of this and most other EA published titles.
About the Game
The original game of strategy and world domination comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade with Risk: Faction. Wage war with five factions, each with unique abilities, in the original game of strategy and world domination! Play with the classic rules or reign supreme with objective-based and world conquest scenarios as you command your army and take tactical gambles to win the day. Then challenge your friends in local or online multiplayer and see how you stack up on the leaderboards.
- Play as the Human, Cat, Robot, Undead, or Yeti army
- Play through the campaign mode to unlock new factions
- Fight for world domination in ranked or unranked matches
- See how you stack up on the RISK Leaderboards
- Play objective-based or world conquest scenarios
- Play on new maps with dynamic terrain. Flood enemies out of territories, avoid nuclear fallout, and control missile silos to gain the strategic upper hand
- Unleash Overkill moments based on the dice roll
- Enjoy fun and quirky animated battles