December 06, 2013
|Delisting:||May 12, 2017 - Steam
|Publisher:||Kalypso Media Digital (2013)
Assemble Entertainment (2016)
Racing Manager 2014 was delisted from Steam on May 12th, 2017 when its price was set to $0.00. The game was likely delisted due to expired licensing of real world vehicles, raceways, or brands but may also have been removed due to poor performance. Since its release, the game’s Steam Community forum has seen many threads relaying performance issues and bugs.
In 2016 Kalypso handed publishing duties of this and several other titles over to Assemble Entertainment, an independent publisher founded by former Kalypso CEO Stefan Marcinek. It is unclear if this transition ultimately led to the game’s delisting as some of the former Kalypso titles remain available as of this writing.
About the Game
Test your managerial skills with Racing Manager 2014 – the most in-depth racing team management simulation to date!
Assume control of one of the pre-defined teams or create your very own and prepare to storm the ranks of the racing world. Hire drivers, mechanics, engineers and designers, put each of them in the perfect position and decide which training sessions are best for your drivers.
Design the ideal race car, buy spare parts, sign contracts with engine manufacturers, give your ride a paint job and plaster it with decals from the best advertisement contracts you can find. Racing Manager 2014 also features an extensive research system. Put your designer team to the test on a tech tree of over 100 projects or use the espionage feature to snatch new technologies from your competitors.
When it’s time to race, define and refine your race strategy, plan pit stops, manage fuel and tire pressure and listen to your drivers’ feedback to gain the upper hand and move one step closer to your ultimate goal: to win the World Championship!
- Extensive editor – Create your very own drivers with skills, strengths and weaknesses and build a new racing team with unique starting technologies and abilities
- Tech tree – Research more than 100 new car technologies using an extensive technology tree
- Team members – Hire and train engineers, mechanics, drivers and designers and utilize team dynamics to make the best use of your crew
- Team building – Expand your team ground, build different structures including a wind tunnel or a fitness center
- Private life – Show your success by buying sports cars, buying a yacht or a villa
- Car setup – Tailor a car setup for each track and driver, customizing everything from engine supplier to tire pressure to flipup angle