November 13, 2012
November 20, 2012 (NA)
November 21, 2012 (AU, EU)
March 07, 2013 (JP)
March 12, 2013 (AU, EU, NA)
Nintendo Wii U
June 27, 2013 (JP)
January 16, 2014 (EU, NA)
|Delisting||March 31, 2015 - Nintendo Wii U (JP)
2015 - 2020 - PlayStation 3 (AU, EU, JP)
March 11, 2022 - Steam
March 2022 - PlayStation 3 (NA), Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii U (EU, NA)
F1 Race Stars homepage [Archive]
F1 Race Stars was initially delisted on Nintendo Wii U in Japan on March 31st, 2015. The PlayStation 3 release of the game outside of North America may have been delisted around this same time. These versions were then confirmed to have been delisted in Australia, Europe, and Japan no later than October 11th, 2020.
Electronic Arts delisted seven F1 titles on Steam on March 11th, 2022. The same titles were likely delisted on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One around the same time. The titles range from F1 2012 up through 2019 (with F1 2013 having already been delisted) as well as F1 Race Stars.
These delistings were one of the first notable moves by Electronic Arts after acquiring Codemasters in 2021. Either Electronic Arts chose not to renew the FIA license for these titles after they expired or were unable to negotiate a renewal and subsequently removed them from sale.
At that time F1 2019 (Steam only), 2020, and 2021 remained as the most recent releases with two older portable titles — F1 2009 for PSP and F1 2011 for Vita — still hanging on in North American and European territories. These 2022 delistings join F1 2010, 2011, and 2013 that were delisted years prior by Codemasters.
About the Game
F1 RACE STARS™ is a brand new world of FORMULA ONE™ fun as you’ve never seen it before! Officially licensed to feature all of your favorite FORMULA ONE stars and teams, get ready to sprint for the checkered flag on famous circuits transformed to feature jumps, loop-the-loops and shortcuts and use a cool range of awesome power-ups to overtake your rivals.Travel the world and enter a wide range of different Championships in career mode and set your fastest lap in Time Trials. Then it’s time to share the fun with friends and family – accessible controls make F1 RACE STARS perfect for split-screen racing with up to four players or dive into 12 player online races and take on the world. F1 RACE STARS – get fast to the fun!
- Officially licensed to feature all of your favorite FORMULA ONE cars and teams
- Features accessible controls for wheel-to-wheel competition
- Experience FORMULA ONE circuits like never before – speed through loop-the-loops, shortcuts, jumps and more!
- Collect and use crazy power-ups to overtake your rivals
- Share the fun with friends and family with four player split-screen, and play in split-screen against other players online
- Travel the world and enter a range of Championships in career mode
- Race online with up to twelve players
- Connect F1 RACE STARS to Codemasters’ free online hub RaceNet to track your races, rewards and rivals and enter community events!
- Set your fastest lap and climb leaderboards in Time Trials