CrossfireX, once touted for being the exclusive home console version of the long-standing PC series Crossfire, will soon be shutting down on May 18th. The announcement was posted earlier today confirming that the free-to-play Xbox One and Series X|S shooter will remain available to download until the end. Purchases of in-game currency have already been disabled.
It is with the deepest regret that we are informing you of our decision to end support for CrossfireX on May 18, 2023. Since the launch of the game, we have worked tirelessly to bring it to a point where we can all be proud, and throughout it all we have had the honor and pleasure of supporting our players.
Coming to this decision was not easy, however, we can proudly say that our players have been amazingly active, passionate and enthusiastic in working with us to create a game that would be fun and enjoyable by all. We want to thank each and every one of our players for playing CrossfireX and being a part of this journey with us.
- All sales on the Xbox Store will be halted.
- There will be no new content added to the game (i.e. maps, modes, camos, etc.).
- Purchases made within the last 14 days as of February 3, 2023, may be eligible for a refund. Please submit a refund request via the following LINK.
- Our game servers will close on May 18, 2023 for the final time, but until then you will be able to enjoy all previously purchased and unlocked in-game content.
- We have created this FAQ which may address any additional questions you might have.
We hope that you will be able to enjoy CrossfireX until the service ends and we will always be grateful for your support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any issues by visiting our support page.
Thank you for everything.
Sincerely,CrossfireX Announcement – February 3rd, 2023
Those not interested in the multiplayer aspect may still want to jump into the full game with Game Pass that includes a unique single player campaign created in partnership with Remedy Entertainment. After May 18th this content will also become unplayable. Thanks to m1n3c7afty for submitting the news. I’ve added the date to the Watch List calendar and we’ll have a page up on the site later.