Share:

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition replaced by Eternal Collection  

RSS

ShawnS
Admin
21/09/2018 1:25 pm  

Lorath sent in a good submission but I’m not quite sure it’ll make it to the site. As far as I can tell, all the content that was available in 2014’s Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is still available in the 2017 (and 2018 release) Diablo III: Eternal Collection. The Ultimate Evil Edition bridged the console gap -- appearing on both PlayStation 3 and 4, and Xbox 360 and One -- while the Eternal Collection is exclusive to PS4, Xbox One, and soon, Nintendo Switch.

The contents are slightly different but all versions still have access to the same DLC and expansions, while neither edition offered anything exclusive (as far as I can tell). Ultimate Evil remains on the older consoles and Eternal Collection on the newer. The delisting probably happened around August of 2017, shortly after a free-to-play weekend with the game for Xbox Live Gold subscribers.

Should the Ultimate Evil Edition (and other re-bundled games like it) have their own page on the site? Or should they simply be a chapter on the game’s page once it’s been truly delisted? What do you think?