January 10, 2012 - Online (EU)
January 11, 2012 - Steam
January 10, 2012 (NA)
February 29, 2012 (AU, EU)
January 11, 2012 (AU, EU, NA)
|Delisting||February 20, 2019 - Steam|
|Available On||PlayStation 3 (AU, EU, NA)
Xbox 360 (AU, EU, NA)
|Links||Choplifter HD homepage [Archive]
Choplifter HD was delisted on Steam on February 20th, 2019. The cause for the delisting — denoted on the store page with the familiar “at the request of the publisher” notice — is uncertain as inXile has been the developer and publisher of the Steam version since its release. The game remains available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is possible that the delisting is related to the game’s age and potential poor performance on newer operating systems although this is unsubstantiated.
About the Game
In Choplifter HD, players take on the role of an up-and-coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team. Pilots will be trained to command a variety of helicopters deployed on 30 different missions. Pilots must bank, hover, touch-down and sometimes even shake zombies from their chopper during lift-off in order to make their rescue and complete their mission.
- Choplifter HD dares players to risk their lives in order to save others!
- Players pilot many different helicopter types inspired by current military models
- Varied and dangerous terrain including urban areas, jungle outposts, arctic bases, and desert compounds with missions taking place at all hours of the day and night.
- Command a variety of helicopters deployed on more than 30 different missions ranging from captured military prisoner extraction to saving survivors of viral outbreaks
- Maneuver, fire, and extract under perilous conditions in order to carry out rescues
- Original Choplifter franchise creator Dan Gorlin serving as design consultant
Select Video Coverage
Thanks to @EdgeGecko for submitting this game to the site