|Release:||October 15, 2014 - iOS
Jaunary 13, 2015 - Android, PlayStation Vita (US)
January 14, 2015 - PlayStation Vita (EU, KO)
|Delisting:||December 1, 2016 - Android, iOS
January 1, 2017 - PlayStation Vita
(Available For: 1y 11m)
|Developer:||One Loop Games|
|Available On:||PlayStation Vita (EU, KO, US), Android, iOS|
Sony announced in early October of 2016 that online features for Fat Princess: Piece of Cake would be discontinued on iOS, Android and PlayStation Vita. The mobile versions are to be disabled on December 1st, 2016 and the Vita version the following month on January 1st, 2017.
Those who had downloaded the game by these dates are be able to continue playing in offline mode but cannot re-download the game again from their purchase history. In-game purchases were stopped in early October alongside the announcement. The ability to receive a voucher for the PlayStation 3 title, Fat Princess, is also to be disabled by the dates above.
While the game received generally positive ratings on all three platforms it had logged only 100 – 500,000 installs on Android with presumably far fewer active players. It also appears that developer, One Loop Games, has ceased operation; all founding members of the small team left in early 2015 after the game’s launch on Android and Vita. The combination of a dwindling user base and departed developer are most likely the cause for the game’s retirement.
The brief statement from Sony follows:
Online features for Fat Princess: Piece of Cake will be discontinued on January 1st, 2017 at 12:00am PDT.
We have immediately disabled the ability to make new in-game purchases.
After January 1st, you will no longer be able to:
- Spend any earned or purchased gold for in-game items.
- Earn access to a voucher for Fat Princess for your PS3™ system for completing level 15.
- Download the game from your library, but you may continue to play the game in offline mode until it is removed from your PS Vita system
About the Game
“Rescue the Princess! Fat Princess: Piece of Cake takes the comic medieval battle royale to the next level with a brand-new free-to-play strategic match-3 game. Charge into battle with 4 different character classes! Make matches to smash through the blue army! Collect gems to upgrade your troops! Feed cake to the princess to unleash her devastating slam attack! Trigger massive combos and save the kingdom!“
- Strategic turn-based match 3 gameplay
- Over 55 levels across 5 unique lands
- Prove your skills on 10 bonus challenge levels
- Upgrade your characters for massive attack power and stronger defenses
- Draw from an arsenal of clever power-ups to boost your score
- Compete against your friends for the top spot on the leaderboards
Fat Princess: Piece of Cake is completely free to play, however some in-game items such as power-ups and character upgrades can be acquired through in-game purchases.
Ad Hoc Mode 2 Players